8th June meeting: Bell Green & the Lewisham Local Plan

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JRW

8th June meeting: Bell Green & the Lewisham Local Plan

Post by JRW »

11am to 1pm on 8th June, at the Sydenham Centre.

The Lewisham Local Plan examination, held by government appointed planning inspectors, starts on 18th June. The LLP will control all development in Lewisham up until 2040.

The Bell Green Forum is a registered participant, raising issues around Bell Green’s future. The plan currently zones it for tall buildings, but hasn't included it in the intended hierarchy of shopping areas. Neither its current retail nor its future status is set out. We need a Bell Green masterplan to fill in the gaps.

All assemblies are cancelled, due to pre-election period restrictions. Apparently, neither councillors nor officers can get involved in public events. Therefore, the Bell Green Forum is holding a public meeting on 8th June to discuss the future of Bell Green.

Residents and businesses of all wards are welcome; volunteers badly needed to help organising the meeting.

Please contact us on bellgreennf@gmail.com
PHDR

Re: 8th June meeting: Bell Green & the Lewisham Local Plan

Post by PHDR »

I might pop along. What’s the address of the Sydenham centre?
JRW

Post by JRW »

The Sydenham centre is next to the post office at 44A Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QX

Lewisham has let us down yet again. Having promised to notify residents of our meeting, they have now decided they won't. Plus, I have to pay £35 to hire the room, plus produce a certificate of public liability insurance. I'm OK about paying the hire fee if I know people are coming. I have publicised it, but don't have many rsvp.

Does anyone think this is OK? Does anyone know how to get the word out, or get public liability?

Help!
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

I planned to attend.

I am a bit puzzled about you having to provide a certificate of public liability insurance.

When hiring a venue for a public meeting, it is the normal practice for the venue for public and private meetings to have such a certificate of cover in place and for you, as a meeting organiser, to enjoy the protection of the venue's insurance cover, linked by you paying a fee for the hire and use of the venue.

Or is it the case that the Sydenham Centre does not operate on that basis or is it not normally hired out for public/private meetings?
JRW

Post by JRW »

Good news!

Today's meeting is going ahead!

11am to 1pm

Ignition Brewery, Sydenham centre. 44a Sydenham Road.

Community public meeting:
Bell Green, the missing masterplan, and the Lewisham Local Plan Examination.

What should we tell the independent planning Inspectors?

We close at 1pm, and at 2pm the Ignition Brewery taproom opens for business