YummyMummy

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Greg Whitehead

YummyMummy

Post by Greg Whitehead »

Now, whilst this thread may be the most mysoginist post of all time, one got to thinking how yummy is yummymummy? Does one mean Christa D'Souza 1661 from The Sunday Times type yummymummy or south London's Barnes/Greeenwich/Blackheath/Richmond/Kew/Dulwich/Clapham's best version?

More importantly YummyMummy do you know where you are? Plebs (who shall remain nameless) would have you believe that Sydders is poor. Never mind the Dolphin/Wellbeing/Blue Mountains success, certain types say there's no demand. You simply should not be here :wink:

I think my point is, if you are of Scandinavian heritage and gave birth to Hermione and Tarquin what are you doing in Sydders rather than slumming it at the Dog in Dulwich Villlage (otherwise know as the Crown & Greyhound).

Explain yourself YummyMummy. What are you and your three-wheel buggy and your precocious children doing here in lowly Sydders :wink: Don't you know you're upsetting the local oiks?

Here am I - do say hello should one see me!

Last edited by Greg Whitehead on 23 Oct 2008 08:07, edited 2 times in total.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Internet dating eh?

I guess if you've tried every thing else....
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

Aye, the queue is long but distinguished.

Perhaps the moniker ought to be Gorgeous Gregory?

Mind, the thrust of the post was why someone would call themselves YummyMummy? Is it self-depreciating or is it valid.

Long time no hear stone-penge?
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Ahh, I see the yummymummy username.
Aren't Yummy mummy's to be found in Primark and Lidil in these days of credit crunch and crumbling capitalism?
Maybe Sydenham's High street finest hour is at hand: It stoops to conquer!
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

stone-penge wrote:Ahh, I see the yummymummy username.
Aren't Yummy mummy's to be found in Primark and Lidil in these days of credit crunch and crumbling capitalism?
Maybe Sydenham's High street finest hour is at hand: It stoops to conquer!
Indeed, perhaps one ought to be breaking out the Dom Perignon in the Two Half's these days rather than in The Dolphin, should one wish to attract an AB1 female?

That written, I doubt it. Other than polarising the criminal element and keeping them in one place quite why they keep on getting a license in the Two Half's one will never know.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The Two Half's is now under new management and when I went there the other week on the STF pub crawl I found it to be OK, although they still have more work to do to turn it around and gain new customers (which isn't easy given the reputation the place had gained).

I presume that there is a degree of irony involved in choosing the name "yummymummy" but I am surprised that (to the best of my knowledge) no-one has claimed the name "scummymummy".
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Thomas wrote: I am surprised that (to the best of my knowledge) no-one has claimed the name "scummymummy".
just scratch the scabs off and you won't know the difference.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Is this board going to be lowered to the tone of some "hot or not" type "rating" service?!? Greg, I would have expected better
Thomas wrote:The Two Half's is now under new management and when I went there the other week on the STF pub crawl I found it to be OK, although they still have more work to do to turn it around and gain new customers (which isn't easy given the reputation the place had gained).
I was distinctly unimpressed by to two "Half's" to be honest...
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

bensonby wrote:Is this board going to be lowered to the tone of some "hot or not" type "rating" service?!? Greg, I would have expected better
Thomas wrote:The Two Half's is now under new management and when I went there the other week on the STF pub crawl I found it to be OK, although they still have more work to do to turn it around and gain new customers (which isn't easy given the reputation the place had gained).

Great idea Bensonby! We'd need to work it so that, unlike the real Hot or Not, the actual poster cannot just log in and given themselves 10 out of 10 constantly.

I'm up for it *

* No, I'm not really. I just wondered if yummymummy is as arrogant as I or if she's being ironic.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Is this board going to be lowered to the tone of some "hot or not" type "rating" service?!?
Sadly, I think so. :oops:
I described it as "OK but they still have more work to do" - just to expand my point I don't think it is the rough dive that some people think it is - plenty of places are worse. As it is under fairly new management I wait to see how things turn out over the coming months.
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

Thomas wrote:
Is this board going to be lowered to the tone of some "hot or not" type "rating" service?!?
Sadly, I think so. :oops:
I described it as "OK but they still have more work to do" - just to expand my point I don't think it is the rough dive that some people think it is - plenty of places are worse. As it is under fairly new management I wait to see how things turn out over the coming months.

I have ventured in there once (on the day of the July bombings when we walked home, I think) and I assure you once was more than enough.

It's suffers from the same problem as the Greyhound. New managers come in all starry eyed but give up after a short time when the hassle from the chavs gets too much. Look at the Dolphin. It wasn't until the ruffians got the message that the menu and the drinks were aimed at the more affluent Sydders clientele did it finally turn the corner.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Greg Whitehead wrote:Look at the Dolphin. It wasn't until the ruffians got the message that the menu and the drinks were aimed at the more affluent Sydders clientele did it finally turn the corner.

Rip them off and only the pretentious will come eh? :wink: :twisted:
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Greg Whitehead wrote:[No, I'm not really. I just wondered if yummymummy is as arrogant as I or if she's being ironic.

All women are "yummy" and beautiful Greg! - some are just an aquired tase :wink:
yummymummy

Post by yummymummy »

ermmmmmmmmmmm!! cant believe there is a whole thread about little old me!!!! the name was meant to be ironic! and just a bit of fun! :oops: Maybe I should change my name??? watch this space while i think of something new!!!
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

yummymummy wrote:ermmmmmmmmmmm!! cant believe there is a whole thread about little old me!!!! the name was meant to be ironic! and just a bit of fun! :oops: Maybe I should change my name??? watch this space while i think of something new!!!
no need to change your name yummymummy, Greg is obviously just a bit sexually frustrated :P
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

bensonby wrote:
yummymummy wrote:ermmmmmmmmmmm!! cant believe there is a whole thread about little old me!!!! the name was meant to be ironic! and just a bit of fun! :oops: Maybe I should change my name??? watch this space while i think of something new!!!
no need to change your name yummymummy, Greg is obviously just a bit sexually frustrated :P
And (seeing as he quized me about mine too) obsessed by people's screen names!!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Keep your name as it is! I think Greg was just being mischievous once again. I noted the irony and I'm sure most others did too.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

natbeuk wrote:
bensonby wrote:
notice it's only women's names he's asking after....
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

natbeuk wrote:
bensonby wrote:
No need to change your name yummymummy - I was just curious. I'm curious about everyone's screen names and I don't mind admitting it natbeuk. I'm mainly obsessed with what causes sane, rational and sometimes intelligent people to make up these crap and bizarre fake identities for internet forums. It's their right to anonymity and I repsect that but some of them are just incredibly odd and frankly a bit shit!

You can all rest safe in the knowledge that unless you have a 2way shredder the stuff you throw out for recycling (even if the statement is torn-up) will leave you more open to fraud etc than (perish the thought!) using your real name on a internet forum.

Ultimately I think this belief that people should not post their real name is actually quite stupid. If you're called John Smith why call yourself SydHillWarrior56 or some other crass moniker. It's not as if you're putting your address or bank details or anything else in the public domain. The criminals already have that anyway form rooting through your rubbish!

Gregory
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

The point of screen names, Gregory, is that it gives us the choice of who to reveal our real/full names to. You might not mind strangers knowing your name, where you live, and all the other snippets about you that people can pick up by reading through your posts, but others would rather have more control over who they release that information to.

Personally speaking, I have no fear of someone stealing my identity, using my credit cards, etc, based on what they may learn on a forum. However, there are oddballs out there, and however remote the chances I would rather not take the risk that someone could take issue with me for any reason (eg religious beliefs), track me down, and harrass me (for example).

Some people abuse the anonymity and say things they wouldn't say if people knew who they were, but for those of us who don't... what's the harm in using a random moniker?