Stolen wheel trims..

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
stringfellow

Stolen wheel trims..

Post by stringfellow »

My neighbour had the colour coded wheel trims nicked off his blue Mercedes 123 on Friday night. These are fairly rare, especially in the vicinity and could have been stolen to order but if anyone is offered some for sale, could you let me know?[/b]
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

We had our (rare) wheel trims stolen from round Sydenham about a year ago. We never found them, unfortunately, and suspected possible stealing-to-order or to sell on ebay etc
stringfellow

Post by stringfellow »

Yeah you're probably right, I guess that's the next place to look, cheers anyway. I can always cheer him up by buying some rubbish no one else wants..!
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

i had a classic mini cooper (the last batch before bmw took over)

when i was living on westwood hill, i parked my car in the communal car park, round the back of my flat.

i woke one mornig in the summer, to find that the car was on bricks, having had the wheels taken from it - they were alloys.

not only that, but they had also taken all my door trims, the leather seats (front and back)and the whole brushed aluminium dashboard.

all this had taken place within the space of a couple of hours, and was obviously done by professional thieves.

aside from this incident, we have also fallen foul of two on road accidents, during which, neither of the other parties had insurance. the police told me that it was 'about one in three' drivers in south london, which didnt have insurance.

i would be interested to hear of any similar insurance experiences, and even more interested to know where the majority of my mini ended up.
SamC

hi stringfellow

Post by SamC »

were the stolen wheel trims chrome disc shaped with a mercedes emblem in the centre with a blue circle :?:
from
Samantha
JR

Re: hi stringfellow

Post by JR »

SamC wrote:were the stolen wheel trims chrome disc shaped with a mercedes emblem in the centre with a blue circle :?:

NAH!
SamC

Re: hi stringfellow

Post by SamC »

SamC wrote:were the stolen wheel trims chrome disc shaped with a mercedes emblem in the centre with a blue circle :?
i was joking. but if anybody has seen these wheeltrims. they are a dark blue colour please let stringfellow know so he can contact his neighbour. the days when you could go out and leave your door open have long gone. the days when you go out and are mugged for a mobile are here now. where has the respect gone.?
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

If anyone is worried about their rare wheeltrims, try securing them to the wheel with plastic cable ties; the proper thief will have sidecutters with them, but it will stop the opportunist (just remember that you will also need some with you if you get a puncture).

As for alloys, make sure you have some kind of secure wheelnuts fitted, if you're really worried, fit two different types to each wheel.

As another word of advice, insurance companies love them, but alarms are a waste of time, most people ignore them as the sound of a car alarm going off is now a part of everyday life; if you want to stop your car getting nicked, something less sophisticated is required.........try a good quality wheelclamp or removable steering wheel, and, if you want to stop your car being broken into, don't leave valuable stuff on show and remember to take the front off your stereo............

A sobering tale...........about 10 years ago I didn't bother to remove my removable stereo, why should I, car is off the main road, hidden behind trees, who would bother to make a point of investigating my drive in order to nick my stereo?

Well, someone did, and they smashed a window on my American car and took my radio..........cost of radio, a not bank breaking £100........cost of window, a rather more frightening £350!!!!!!!!!!!!