Christmas trees

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
ALIB

Christmas trees

Post by ALIB »

I am under pressure. The missus wants a Christmas tree with roots, in a pot.
Does anyone know where abouts in Sydenham (or nearby area) I can get a potted Christmas tree of about 5ft tall height?

Ali b
lbere

Post by lbere »

Shannons Garden Centre at Forest Hill always have a nice selection
leaf

Post by leaf »

Just be careful if you have a cat, we had a tree in a pot years ago and the cat peed in the pot!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

thanks for the advice Ibere. I'll try Shannons tomorrow, though I have a realistic budget. In recent years I have travelled out of London to get a tree at a decent price, but I'll try and shop locally this year, if possible.

I have a pug puppy, so a tree is a potential hazard. I have already recovered 3ft of tinsel from the dogs mouth at a relatives house. Thanks for the 'look out' Leaf

Ali b
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

We were in two minds of getting one from the high street or getting a tree in a pot from Homebase or a garden center, just so we can grow it in the garden for next year, any one have any luck doing this, is it worth it do you think?
LisaCummins

Rooted Christmas Tree

Post by LisaCummins »

Hi,

My husband went out to get a Christmas tree on Saturday. I was expecting a snazzy fibre optic tree or a decent artificial one that looks like the real McCoy. Instead he purchased a potted Christmas tree from B&Q. Cost £10 and stands just under 5' tall. The instructions were good, just said keep soil moist, don't allow to dry out. It came with quite a nice pot too.

Was his way of being green friendly, so he said.
Now it's decorated and looks great.
Ah, there's a nice christmassy smell with a fresh tree. :)
To think I used to like the plastic type. Yuk!
mikej

Post by mikej »

Ronski,

We bought a tree in a pot 2 years ago and the guy we bought it from said we could keep it in the pot for a year and bring it in again for another Christmas, which we did (last year). After that we planted it out, and it is doing well!
My mother in law has a whole line of Xmas trees growing in her garden, so yes, go for it!!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i got a nice tree ealier this week from the guys at the back of Forest Hill station (Perry Vale). Healthy, potted and cost £25 including delivery. They tend to open after 11am, as the deliveries are in the mornings.
Very nice selection.

Ali b