Sydenham Fairtrade Fortnight

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Sydenham Fairtrade Fortnight

Post by admin »

Just got a Press Release announcing Lewisham Fairtrade Fortnight from 23 February – 8 March.

Five cafes across the borough on Friday 6 March will be offering a free cup of fairtrade tea or coffee to their first 50 customers. And one of them is Sugahill. Well done Chris!

A Fairtrade stall will be held after service on Sunday 22 February at the Grove Centre Church, 2 Jews Walk, Sydenham SE26 6PL.

Anybody else organising Fairtrade events in SE26 that fortnight?
Faitrade is best explained here: http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/

Admin
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I fully support this...and fairtrade. I've worked with them and other fair trade organizations and they are passionate people working for something they genuinely believe in.

Well done to Chris and Sugahill for supporting this.
sugahill cafe

Fairtrade

Post by sugahill cafe »

We fully support this too and use Fair trade products as much as possible,to clarify:We have 50 cup's of Fair trade Tea to give away, 25 0n Fri6th and 25 on Sat7th.

Also new Artwork went up today by Sydenham artist Paul Wilkes.

And we currently have Mei Tai baby carriers designed by Sydenham mum 'Becky'(www.joeyslings.co.uk) available with 15% discount for our customer's.
Thanks guy's and don't forget to support Fair trade....
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I like Sugarhill but not been open the last 2 times I have tried to go there.
Had to resort to Blue M which is no where near so good.
oin

Post by oin »

I finally made it to Blue Mountain with the family this weekend. It was nice but I have to say I was a little disappointed given some of the favourable reviews found here on the forum. The coffee was OK but not outstanding (e.g. no crema), the bread for the sandwiches tasted highly of baking soda or something similar and my big breakfast came as advertised rather than as requested. There wasn't a great selection to chose from and with the pies now gone it seemed to be sarnies or fry-ups with cakes/pastries. My wife enjoyed her panini and the staff were friendly. In all, a nice place and it seems popular but don't feel a major urge to rush back. YMMV.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

I think the management may have changed in Blue Mtn. Was in there on Sat and noticed that the pies were gone and there were new things on the menu such as jerk chicken. My croissant wasn't as fresh as on previous visits. They've also relocated the fruit and veg to the other side of the shop which makes the other shelves look really bare. I hope this isn't the start of a deterioration....