Builder for basement conversion

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
c

Builder for basement conversion

Post by c »

Has anyone had a basement or cellar tanked/converted?

After a couple of months of dealing with architect and engineer, I am now looking for a builder for our conversion.

I'm not paying the architect to put the job out to tender, as he took four weeks to post drawings which he should have handed over at the end of his 4 hour visit! I probably still wouldn't have the drawings if I hadn't made 4 calls to chase them up - and he had the money up front (or at least architectyourhome did). Two months later they still haven't sent me the order form for instructing any further work! At this rate we'd be lucky if we got the work done this decade! :evil:

Whilst on the subject, the engineer was via another online service who take your money up front, but then took three weeks to deliver the calculations, after having said it would take 3 days!

Anyway, can anyone recommend a suitable builder? Or advise of any c **p ones best avoided! :)

Cheers
lemonade

A suitable Builder

Post by lemonade »

Hello C
I have sent you a personal message. Hope this helps.
:D
c

Post by c »

thanks lemonade - will give him a ring