Looking for a place to store a bike

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
biscuitman1978

Looking for a place to store a bike

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Hi

I've recently moved into a flat in Sydenham but unfortunately there is nowhere secure to store my bike.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? If someone wanted to offer a space in a garage or a secure shed I'd be happy to pay them a few quid every now and again...
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

I can't help I'm afraid but I'm in the same boat - would love to get a bike but have nowhere to store it - in fact I nearly posted an identical question a few days ago.

There must be lots of people in this situation - younger people who are more likely to consider cycling are more likely to live in flats or accommodation where it isn't practical to store a bike. It'd be great if there were bike lockers available to hire.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

Have you considered a folding bicycle?
biscuitman1978

Cycle parking

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Weeble wrote:I can't help I'm afraid but I'm in the same boat - would love to get a bike but have nowhere to store it - in fact I nearly posted an identical question a few days ago.

There must be lots of people in this situation - younger people who are more likely to consider cycling are more likely to live in flats or accommodation where it isn't practical to store a bike. It'd be great if there were bike lockers available to hire.
Thanks for your reply. I see that the Council's Borough Spending Plan (BSP) for 2006-07 submitted to TfL included bids for funding for additional cycle parking. The Council's draft Local Implementation Plan also notes that the provision of 'more elaborate cycle parking/storage facilities is currently being investigated, including cycle parking with small lockers'.

Perhaps we should encourage our councillors to move these investigations along? I may also speak to some of the local cycling groups as I suspect they have lobbied on this issue.
Last edited by biscuitman1978 on 17 May 2006 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
biscuitman1978

Folding cycles

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Knighton wrote:Have you considered a folding bicycle?
Thanks for the suggestion. It's an interesting idea, but my preference is for a bike that I can take off road, so a folding cycle wouldn't really be suitable.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

try this one:
http://www.atherbys.com/mopafomobi.html

or just search for "mountain bike" folding in your favourite search engine. There are hundreds
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Knighton wrote:try this one:
http://www.atherbys.com/mopafomobi.html

or just search for "mountain bike" folding in your favourite search engine. There are hundreds
Many thanks. Certainly something I'll consider in the medium- to long-term. In the meantime, if anyone can offer some storage space I'd be delighted to hear from them...