Recommendations for landscaper

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
GLOBAL THINKER

Recommendations for landscaper

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi,

I have patio approx 10ft by 8ft that needs laying. Other half started but unable to finish, so if anyone knows any decent landscapers please pm me their details.

Much appreciated

Global
lemonade

Laying of Patio

Post by lemonade »

Hello GB
I noticed no one had replied to you so I thought I'd say hello and make the following suggestions:-
Try looking for a general builder. Any builder should be able to lay your patio. If you are using slabs and are laying them onto sharp sand, make sure prior to laying the sand a membrame is used to stop the growth of weeds, etc.
If blocks are to be used, make sure a compactor is used to bed in the blocks. Also a good sealant should be applied afterwards. The sealant will reduce growth of weeds and inhibit the ingress of moss, algae and dirt from attaching to the porous stone.
Good luck in your search and enjoy a glass of wine on your new patio!!! ...that's if we ever get any sun this year!
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi Lemonade,

Hello to you too and thanks for your suggestions. With the dry weather and a bit of pressure from me, other half is finishing off patio as we speak!! 8)

Appreciate your reply, particularly with regards to sealant.

Cheers :lol:

GB