Police and Ambulance on Sydenham Rd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Frangipan

Police and Ambulance on Sydenham Rd

Post by Frangipan »

Looks like another kid has been stabbed. 3 police cars, 2 FRU vehicles and an ambulance.
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

Road closed now from the station down to Newland's Park
parker

Post by parker »

I came out of the station about 40 minutes ago, pleased im not there now, its getting ridiculous what is going on, why do these things have to happen, its so dreadfully sad.

:(
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I have never heard so many sirens on Sydenham road - the heat must have made the mad men come out ! can see the scene from my living room - still cordoned off !!
at least the dont do it on a weekday morning when people are going to work - but I wish they did not do it at all - what wrong with these animals :roll:
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

goonerchamp wrote:I have never heard so many sirens on Sydenham road - the heat must have made the mad men come out ! can see the scene from my living room - still cordoned off !!
at least the dont do it on a weekday morning when people are going to work - but I wish they did not do it at all - what wrong with these animals :roll:
Lack of respect for the law, mainly brought about by the law's inability to search or prosecute effectively.

If a kid gets stopped and searched, they immediately play the harassment card, so the cops are loathed to do it.

If they get caught after the event, there's usually some smartarse lawyer that can find a technicality that gets them off with little more than a warning.

I had cause to appear in court recently and, whilst waiting for my appearance to be announced, I witnessed a bunch of teenagers discussing their previous and current appearances, treating it as some kind of joke, because they knew that all that was waiting for them was either a warning, or some sort of community service (probably painting some railings or something equally insignificant).

In addition, we seem to live in a society where young people's role models consist of blinged up rap artists who glamorise crime and promote a lifestyle that says the law is irrelevant, you're better off doing your own thing.

Until there is some kind of meaningful deterrent, this kind of crime will continue to escalate.
dinc

Post by dinc »

do any body know whatthappen in sydenham y the police are here
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Rebelmc wrote: so the cops are loathed to do it.
that's not true....