Sydenham Surgery

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Wide Lea Red

Post by Wide Lea Red »

Count yourselves lucky.

When I moved into my flat I was told that the Sydenham surgery was the only place in whose catchment area I fell.

I live above the shop next door to Boots. Boots in FOREST HILL, that is. Yes, the ONLY practice to which I can register is a train ride away. Great.
Barty

Post by Barty »

That's ridiculous. What about the Vale Medical Centre?
leaf

Post by leaf »

Wide Lea Red wrote:Count yourselves lucky.

When I moved into my flat I was told that the Sydenham surgery was the only place in whose catchment area I fell.

I live above the shop next door to Boots. Boots in FOREST HILL, that is. Yes, the ONLY practice to which I can register is a train ride away. Great.
Probably it was the only one in the area that was taking on patients at that time...they all open their lists monthly so its worth retrying if you're not happy with whats being offered.

and i would hardly call top of syd rd fom dartmouth rd a train ride away!!!! you may be able to get there by train but i think callin git a train ride is pushing it a bit!
Wide Lea Red

Post by Wide Lea Red »

I'm intrigued as to what you'd call it, then. :o A nice long walk? A bus ride (that takes longer than the train)? Going from 100 yards from Forest Hill station to 100 yards from Sydenham station by any means other than the train seems a bit non-obvious to me. It might be a short train ride, but it's certainly a train ride.

And no, it wasn't merely the only one accepting at the time. The Lewisham PALS confirmed that under normal circumstances it was the only surgery in whose catchment I fell. I queried this because the previous tenant had been with Wells Park, and was told that they may have been forced on because Sydenham Road was full at the time. In any case, that's not a great deal nearer and is if anything harder to get to.
leaf

Post by leaf »

Wide Lea Red wrote:I'm intrigued as to what you'd call it, then. :o A nice long walk? A bus ride (that takes longer than the train)? Going from 100 yards from Forest Hill station to 100 yards from Sydenham station by any means other than the train seems a bit non-obvious to me. It might be a short train ride, but it's certainly a train ride.

And no, it wasn't merely the only one accepting at the time. The Lewisham PALS confirmed that under normal circumstances it was the only surgery in whose catchment I fell. I queried this because the previous tenant had been with Wells Park, and was told that they may have been forced on because Sydenham Road was full at the time. In any case, that's not a great deal nearer and is if anything harder to get to.
Seriously, id call it a walk..not even a long one tbh...up dartmouth rd, cut through willow way..down kirkdale and you're there!

Walking is good for you.

If i were you id keep trying on finding another surgery, it is your right to be able to change if you are not happy with your current one.