LA Fitness

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Rupert_Bear

Re: LA Fitness

Post by Rupert_Bear »

fishcox wrote:Probably covered somewhere else, I know, but can anyone let me know whether LA Fitness is any good.

They have some pretty good deals on there at the moment (two for the price of one, or a year membership for six months payments) and I wondered if there were any current members on here who could advise what its like.

In an attempt to get fitter, and lose a bit of weight, I would be probably try to use it for an hour or so every/every other night, and just do a bit of conveyor running and loose weight work - for maybe an hour or so. does it get very busy? Is the pool any good? Are the other members friendly? That sort of stuff.

Thanks
LA FITNESS Sydenham is really poor.Exercise machines, 90% are in the region of 13 years of age.The Spin Bikes are rusty at least 3 years old,well past their sell by date and the A/c in this studio works badly.
Main ladies changing room resembles a building site,has been like this for the last 3months,no showers or toilets. For ladies there are 4 showers and one toilet in the basement.Which means a trip past the swimming pool and possible cross contamination of the pool,because of all the traffic.
On average problems with hot water either to hot or to cold and low water pressure every month.Even the drinking water is cloudy!!!!!
Lewisham Environmental Health are in attendance at these premises.Contact Mr Peter Adams for verification on all the above.
The best Fitness Club in area is Beckenham Spar.

Enjoy.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Well I've been a member for 18 months now and I have just cancelled my membership for a number of reasons:
1) it's too small
2) the mens changing rooms stink
3) a lot of the lockers are broken
4) there are not enough machines for the number of members they have
5) one of the tvs has been broken for months
6) most of the clientelle go there to chat/make phone calls/sit on the machines without doing anything

I don't particularly enjoy going to gyms and this place is making it even harder to get motivated.

BTW - I stayed a member for so long because I wasn't working for 14 months so could go during the day (or not)
Cheese Wotsits

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

We considered joining LA Fitness, but it looked rather run-down to us so we ended up joining the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace Park a few weeks ago instead.

They moved the gym to the main building last week, but haven't been there yet. The progress looked rather good though.

http://www.gll.org/centre/crystal-palac ... centre.asp
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

I've been a member for 13 months and just cancelled my membership. I don't really find it good value for money to be honest. I don't ever use the facilities except for the cardio machines (which are ancient and some don't work), and I use free weights. All summer long I've not used the gym more than 6 times as I've been running outdoors and doing my resistance training and abs at home. They really need to do this place up to entice me back in there.
sophie

Post by sophie »

I did hear that it is going to be refurbished soon