Hall Drive Parking

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
LisaCummins

Hall Drive Parking

Post by LisaCummins »

I have just moved to the area recently.

I am very pleased with Sydenham. My only gripe is limited parking for my guests along Hall Drive and the Clamping signs which pose an eyesore. Oh well that is life I guess!!!!!
The Eagle

Re: Congratts!

Post by The Eagle »

LisaCummins wrote:My only gripe is limited parking for my guests along Hall Drive and the Clamping signs which pose an eyesore. Oh well that is life I guess!!!!!
It is not only limited for your guests it is limited for residents. There is an old disabled lady (at number 2 Hall Drive) who can hardly walk, her only way of getting about is by her car. Hall Drive Residents Association have threatened her with clamping and legal action if she continued to park OUTSIDE her maisonette. She now has to park in Lawrie Park Ave and now can only use her car if someone brings her car round for her to use. They will not even let her park in her garden as she will have to drive across the ONE YARD of grass that belongs to Hall Drive. To me this is done in spite and the Residents Association have double standards ........others have made car parking available by driving across the grassed area.
As a resident I am totally embarrassed and ashamed of the action taken by the Residents Association, especially as existing residents of Hall Drive, who are in the know, continually park in the road or on the driveway that is OUTSIDE their boundary and NO clamping or action is taken.
THE HALL DRIVE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Hall Drive sounds scary! Suggest you round up a few kindred spirits and take over the residents association - nothing like direct action!
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Big Ben wrote:Hall Drive sounds scary! Suggest you round up a few kindred spirits and take over the residents association - nothing like direct action!
Now there's a thought :o

On a serious note it is a shame that thisseverely disabled person is treated this way.
We have all seen disabled badge holders park in disabled bays then RUN into the shop etc, yes they might be disabled in another way, but this is a truely genuine case where the Residents Association are doing everything possible to stop her parking her car where she lives. As I said before she was prepared to pay for a driveway outside her maisonette but our Residents Association will not let her drive over that one yard of grass which belongs to them.
LisaCummins

Hall Drive

Post by LisaCummins »

Hiya TheEagle,

Yes, come to think of it I have quite often seen a blue Peugeot parked down there. I must say it has never bothered me. What does bother me are those huge suspension breaker speed bumps. Are they quite necessary? Have the clamping signs been taken down? I have not seen any clampers in Hall Drive but I could be wrong.
The Eagle

Re: Hall Drive

Post by The Eagle »

LisaCummins wrote:Hiya TheEagle,

Yes, come to think of it I have quite often seen a blue Peugeot parked down there. I must say it has never bothered me. What does bother me are those huge suspension breaker speed bumps. Are they quite necessary? Have the clamping signs been taken down? I have not seen any clampers in Hall Drive but I could be wrong.
No the clamping signs are still there. Apparently we have a 'call out contract' not a 'patrolled contract'. This means the clamping company will only clamp a vehicle if they are called out. I believe the end block of flats (Farecroft) have theirs patrolled 24 hours a day and any vehicle will be clamped without a permit. With ours in Hall Drive, one of three people will call the clampers out as and when..............thats why so many (especially themselves and their friends) park in Hall Drive as they know that won't call out the clampers.
The faceless/nameless Residents Association are SCARED to ring the clamping company when a car parks in Hall Drive incase there are repercussions (which I most say I don't agree with); however because it is an OLD DISABLED woman (with no husband) they get brave all of a sudden.

MORE SHAME ON YOU HALL DRIVE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION :evil: :evil:
The Eagle

Re: Hall Drive

Post by The Eagle »

LisaCummins wrote:Hiya TheEagle,

Yes, come to think of it I have quite often seen a blue Peugeot parked down there. I must say it has never bothered me..
Yes that is the disabled womans car..............do you know a couple of months ago apart from all the grief she was getting about parking there, someone drove all down the side of her car and left a great big dent
Last edited by The Eagle on 2 Aug 2006 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D Hiya,
I have a gripe...........I live in LPG and am fed up with the residents of Hall Drive parking outside my house and taking my parking space when there are lots more spaces down the road, why pick outside a house where it is obvious that the owner would need the space for themselves??? not breaking the law i know, but surely a bit of consideration would not go amiss?
Also while i am on here please please someone teach the girl with the blue car how to park! the backwards and forwards drives me nuts when i am trying to sleep!Gripe over :lol: