Dangerous bus!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
simon

Dangerous bus!

Post by simon »

I witnessed an appalling piece of driving by a Metro Bus driver on Sydenham Road at lunchtime. A 75 heading towards Lewisham pulled was queuing for the lights at Mayo Road but pulled out of the line at around the Post Office and sped down the wrong side of the road past the waiting traffic. It then pulled in ahead of the queue and jumped a red light as it turned up Mayo Road. The speed that it went down the wrong side of Sydenham was frightening and cars looking to pull out and people attempting to cross the road were naturally looking in the opposite direction so the bus driver sounded his horn to scatter them.
Along with most who witnessed this I was so shocked I was unable to note the bus’s number but I shall be making a complaint to London Buses on Monday morning, citing the time 12.47 pm. Hopefully the incident was caught on CCTV and the driver can be identified.
With the delays caused by road works I suppose it is inevitable that some drivers will loose patience and take liberties, but a double decker bus loaded with passengers?
Did anyone else see this?
charlieandpip

Post by charlieandpip »

I was about to say 'unbelievable',.... but sadly it is not.
Bus drivers are the new white van man (apologies to any well mannered WVM out there :? )
alywin

Post by alywin »

Simon, I think you can do this at any time online. Why wait?
simon

Post by simon »

Thanks alywin, but I want to speak to someone. Might send in a written complaint in the morning as well.
simon

Post by simon »

Well I reported it and got a reference number etc. Although they assured me that the complaint will be investigated and treated seriously they also said they would not be able to tell me what action they take as it would breach employee confedentiality.
davegr

Post by davegr »

That's ridicululous. Employee confidentiality? How about reassuring the public that moronic drivers like this are being dealt with. What a load of crap.
aidy_b

Post by aidy_b »

I saw this as well. I still can't quite believe the driver did what he did. I didn't get the bus registration either, but caught a look a the driver so will complain to them and give a brief description.
It really was staggeringly bad/dangerous driving
stuart

Post by stuart »

Given that you now have another witness you might wish to suggest that as they will not tell you if they are going to take any action then you will make it a police matter. That they might not desire ...

BTW was this the bus company? You might want to also take it to TfL as this is an unsatisfactory way of treating complaints.

Stuart
simon

Post by simon »

Aidy b, would excellent for you to complain as well so there will be some corroboration. Please let me know how you get on.
Stuart, apparently I was not able to complain directly to the bus company but was referred to to TFL who said they pass the complaint on to them. It was TFL who said that they couldn't report on what action, if any, would be taken.
I must say I am getting increasingly angry about this and if I dont have a response by Monday I think I may well report it to the police.
michael

Post by michael »

A copy of this thread was handed to Metro Bus managers at yesterday's Lewisham transport liaison committee meeting by the Forest Hill Society Representative.

I was not at the meeting but I understand Metro Bus will follow up on the report of this incident. However, this should not be instead of Simon's complaint and I hope you continue to pursue this.
aidy_b

Post by aidy_b »

Simon - please see pm I sent you.

Cheers