Are trains running?!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Trains from Syd Hill at 8:15 were severely delayed though I did see plenty of fast trains going past.

Station staff do their best but they just don't seem to have the right sort of information that would help passengers decide whether to wait a while longer for the next train or to make alternative arrangements - all they appear to know is which trains are going through in the next few minutes.
davegr

Post by davegr »

South Eastern Trains have been a disgrace over the last few weeks.

It makes me mad that the electronic displays at Sydenham Hill have been turned off over the last few weeks. Unless you go and ask the guy in the ticket office (who rarely knows anything) you just have to wait for the next ridiculously overpacked train. It would be nice if he could give the odd anouncement with any information.

Last week we had contractors laying down cables for cameras all along the platform. What about setting up departures screens that can be seen wherever you are on the plaform, not just the single one at one end of the platform?

Useless!!!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Apparently the electronic displays couldn't be used because of an electrical problem but were working this morning. However, they're only as good as the information on them, and I think that yesterday they would not have been much use because of the amount of chaos.
davegr

Post by davegr »

Evening Standard article says it all really.....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... ng-week.do
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

SouthEastern were fairly shocking davegr. On at least two consecutive evenings they actually closed Charing Cross at 9PM. My immediate thought was for those who would follow behind from 9-12 in the hope of getting a train home or to L. Bridge for a connection.

What on earth did SouthEastern expect them to do?

One fellow traveller lamented that SouthEastern would still be running 'ghost' services. That the trains would be running to timetable but with no passengers so that the rails woudn't freeze.

I must admit I took this with a sizeable pinch of salt but given SouthEastern's abject performance nothing would surprise me.