Anyone know what happened outside 'The Two Halfs' on Thu?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
southernmoose

Anyone know what happened outside 'The Two Halfs' on Thu?

Post by southernmoose »

Just wandering if anyone knows what happened outside 'The Two Halfs' on Thu 1st April? I was walking up Sydenham Road towards the station at around 5.15pm and saw two police cars double-parked at crazy angles outside the pub and a crowd had gathered nearby. I then noticed someone lying on the floor outside the pub, being tended to (?!) by several police officers, and an ambulance arrived shortly afterwards...
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Someone probably ordered a glass of red.

All joking aside...

That place is a blot on the landscape and its patrons should be exterminated. I went in their once to meet a friend and and he got into a fight for refusing to give some chav a cigarette.

If I were in charge I'd turn the place into a health food shop that runs a Bikram Yoga class. Not because I'm interested in either, but simply to really piss off its regulars. Who are c_nts, by the way.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

That's a bit harsh BBW.

wouldn't it be kinder to invite all the regulars into the two half's for free drinks and then brick up all the doors and windows, entombing them inside for ever?
thethreeamigos

Post by thethreeamigos »

might have been someone whos been sleeping with someone elses wife or probably just one of the regulars wanting a free lift home or they might have eaten in the rat infested establishment or drunk to much of their dishwater rank beer thats so overpriced might have caught a whiff of the regulars piss soaked clothing or the piss soaked furniture calls itself a pub looks more like a holding pen for the jeremy kyle show kids running round all day and night animals serving behind bar etc etc etc how this place remains open is a joke ? heard it had a re-furb padded walls then and bog roll now available but you have to leave a deposit at the bar........
thethreeamigos

Post by thethreeamigos »

They should rename it The Phoenix Club and get Brian Potter to run it !
Miserableold-ish git

Post by Miserableold-ish git »

thethreeamigos, you seem to know much to much about the establishment.
Are you the Guv'nor ?
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Whatever position he holds certainly doesn't include the use of full stops.