5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
parklife

Post by parklife »

should try to get 1000 posts by social !
This one makes 900
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

parklife wrote:should try to get 1000 posts by social !
This one makes 900
Enjoy Dominica with your good [or not so good ^^] Lady.

Should we ever see you on the pitch again then - quite rightly - the gaffer refused your £6; so you'll get a 'free' game with me as I owe you the £6 you insisted I take.

Hope to see you on perhaps the Weds after you return and sorry you'll miss the social.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I will prob still be carrying an embarrassingly minor foot sprain that willl keep me out of wednesday. might suddenly become available on the day though if i can convince the foot to mend. but really should be back the next week as keen to try the bigger pitch as gives more room for my lack of first touch.

re: equal teams, it prob just requires one sensible person (biscuitman???) to switch one or at most two around once the bibs have been distributed (and nobody to be offended/bothered by the changes) rather than have a boys in the playground picking system (although that could also work ulysees if swapping at the start or early on does not work). i think it is pretty obvious from the start which team will be stronger most weeks.

I am in for the social despite Greg not send me a PM...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Sorry mate. Nobody will have a PM from me yet though as I simply didn't get round to sending them in the end...

I still intend doing so.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in for the social on Thursday.

Aidan picked up a suspected fractured hand at last week's match and is therefore only a 'possible' for both the social and next week's game.
re: equal teams, it prob just requires one sensible person (biscuitman???) to switch one or at most two around once the bibs have been distributed (and nobody to be offended/bothered by the changes) rather than have a boys in the playground picking system (although that could also work ulysees if swapping at the start or early on does not work). i think it is pretty obvious from the start which team will be stronger most weeks.
I agree, though I'd rather someone else took responsibility for dishing out bibs and switching teams around, as I tend to be last on the pitch having collected all the money.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Alright Gents, I'm available for Wednesdays game..
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Afraid I can't make next Wednesday, or Thursday for the social either - sorry. Should be around for the game the following week though.

Agree about evening up sides - happy to admit I'm not one of the strongest players and wouldn't be offended by a picking system, although if we could do it just by swapping a couple of players once bibs have been picked up, that might be a bit friendlier...
Middlesbrough

Wednesday again

Post by Middlesbrough »

Hi all, thank you for last week, would love to do it again this Wednesday. Not bothered how the teams are chosen, as long as I am not doing the picking as I do not know enough names. Hope to see you then.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Balham crew is a bit depleted this week, I'm afraid. Droid's on holiday, Ryan should be at Gatwick, collecting his girlfriend (Ash cloud permitting) and Ric hasn't confirmed.
So just me and Phil at the moment.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for wednesday. Sorry, can't do thursday for social now.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

Also I have no problem being 'handicap' given to the other team
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Hi Guys,

I am back in the frame this week if you don't have enough players (thanks Rich for your PM reminder). I am playing a "competitive" match tonight so will see if I make it through the 90 mins but should be fine for Weds.

Cheers Trickster
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

So that's:
1. biscuitman1978
2. bazwaldo
3. Joe P
4. cyclesteve
5. Marathon
6. Donny
7. Swartie
8. Middlesbrough
9. Tarbs
10. Trickster
11. Swartie (Phil S)
12. Ulysses (TBC)

Facing late fitness tests:
13. Columbus
14. Aidan

I have booked the five-a-side pitch as we don't have quite the same number confirmed as last week. If more turn up I'll see if we can upgrade to the seven-a-side pitch.

See you on Wednesday at 8:20pm in reception. £6 each. Correct change appreciated.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Sorry for being so late biscuitman1978/all.

In for Weds. Shame there's not enough for another 7pitch but it will take pretty much full turn out every week. Which is pretty unrealistic to expect.

Think we're 11 as you've counted Phil S twice?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:Think we're 11 as you've counted Phil S twice?
You're absolutely right. Well spotted.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Dont hold your breath but Im convinced I might a + 1 this week to bring the numbers up . Def fancy the 7 a side again .
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Am around for a game guys ... 7 aside wd be great if viable ...
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Ric's up for it too....must be 14? Upgrade to the 7-a-side Rich. If necessary (i.e.a few pike out) we'll just play 6s.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Joe Pineapples wrote:Ric's up for it too....must be 14? Upgrade to the 7-a-side Rich. If necessary (i.e.a few pike out) we'll just play 6s.
Sorry, I don't have time to keep swapping things around. I need people to commit by Monday lunchtime (as I request every week). I will see if we can upgrade on the night.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Rich, if you've got the number mate I'll ring 'em! be a damn shame to turn up with 14 on a 5 a sider : )