5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Aidan is out of this Wednesday's match - he has a broken bone in his hand.

I am in for England-USA at the Golden Lion.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for wednesday. Already planned my england matches I'm afraid.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Put me down for weds footy type thingy ...
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Can't make this Weds guys but have a good one!
Dickie
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Sorry for late reply - in for this Wed if there's still space

thanks
droidathon

wed footy

Post by droidathon »

sorry for the late reply... I'm in for this Wednesday.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Ryan has a day off today so can't confirm 100% but I think he's out this week as he has a tennis tournament to play in.
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm in for tomorrow - sorry for the late post
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

So that's:
1. biscuitman1978
2. Columbus
3. Swartie
4. Ulysses
5. Joe P
6. bazwaldo
7. Middlesbrough
8. Tarbs
9. cyclesteve
10. chrelcombe
11. droidathon
12. Donny

Five-a-side pitch is booked for Wednesday at 8:30pm. See you in reception at 8:20pm. £6 each. Correct change appreciated.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I may well be on my own here but I'd be much happier playing a man-shy on the 7s than a man-extra on the 5s. If that makes sense?

What I mean is I'd prefer to play 6-a-side on the 7pitch rather than on the 5pitch. I'd be happy to pay an extra quid to supplement the kitty if needs be.

Sorry if that messes you around again Lem I just find it a bit too cramped on the 5-a-side pitch with this many players. Plus I need the wide-open spaces of the bigger pitch as it takes me a while to get through the gears to anything remotely resembling a sprint!

Anyone else think the same re: the pitch?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

There's a simple reason for booking the five-a-side pitch: cost. We need at least 14 to cover the cost of the seven-a-side pitch. This week we only have 12, and experience shows that not everyone turns up. That means quite a hit on the reserve funds, unless we up the price per person for one week only, which is a hassle and not what people signed up to.

FWIW I also think that six-a-side on a seven-a-side pitch will become a long ball game, and not much fun as a result.

Anyway, I'm in charge here, for now at least, so my decision is final! Donny has kindly agreed to take over in a few weeks, so he may run a different regime...
Swartie

Re: The Pitch

Post by Swartie »

The 5 a side pitch is too small for six a side, I'd be up for paying a bit more for some space..
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Yep - second both Ulysses and Swartie's stand on this.

We're heading for a mutiny! ; )
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Joe Pineapples wrote:We're heading for a mutiny! ; )
That would suit me fine! :wink:
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Could we have some figures, before too much blood is shed? What would the extra cost be per person, should 12 people turn up?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Just over £80 for the seven-a-side pitch, compared to £58.90 for the five-a-side.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Well, assuming everyone turns up (and looking at the list it's a reliable bunch), if we all pay £7 then that'll cover it?

I know you [rightly] get peeved Lem with all this messing around but we weren't helped with the bank holiday. I should've texted you with my thoughts earlier; so apologies for that.

Didn't mean to be divisive. It's just that at 34 I ain't going to get any better at footy, so I'm not here for the skill...as in improving that area. I'm here for the fitness which is why I much prefer the 7pitch. The social aspect is a bonus.

I don't think it'll turn into a lumpfest, espcecially as JT is out injured. :wink:
droidathon

6 on 5 or 6 on 7 or

Post by droidathon »

I agree that playing on the 7 a-side pitch is better - gives people more room - I'm happy paying a little extra. If we do have to play on the fives today... I think we should have rolling subs as it gets a bit ridiculous with all those shin-splinting-boatfeet that we all have!

cheers

Droid.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

happy to go with the flow.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Also happy to go with the flow on this occasion, though perhaps not that keen on paying £7 on a regular basis - not a huge difference but, as our friends at Tesco our fond of reminding us, every little helps.

If we do end up with six-a-side on a 7s pitch, perhaps we could implement the head-height rule to counter endless long balls and chases into the corner?