5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Middlesbrough

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Middlesbrough »

late again, but am definitely available for this wednesday.
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi in for Weds 25. Thanks.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Gentlemen. Not including Kristian we are 12 for this week. 13 with him - I just love stating the obvious!

Usual time, place and cost etc. @Diamondmaker - please bring your rucksack so you can take the ball/bibs etc home with you.

1, Marathon
2, Ulysses
3, Columbus
4, Diamondmaker
5, Parklife
6, Bazwaldo
7, Cyclesteve
8, Schmozz
9, Droidathon
10, Chrelcombe
11, Middlesbrough
12, Sydders
13, [70/30] Kristian

Droidy; can you ask him to register please mate?
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Sorry for late reply, just back from stag do. I'm in for Weds if there's still room, Cheers Dickie
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Always room for you Dickie - where's the barf emoticon?

On a serious note I might be dipping out. Had another operation (nothing too serious) today but advised to avoid physical excercise for ~4 weeks. Given I completely ignored the order to not play with smashed ribs I am heeding the professionals advice on this one!

I will stay pay my fees and be there to organise/drinks afterwards and the like.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I am definitely out this week.

Ulysses - I am more than happy if you do not pay your £7. It seems that you are dropping out with good reason, and you are still generously turning up to perform your managerial role. I don't think you should be paying for that!
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Yes, Ulysees don't pay.

are you going to referee??
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Well chaps. As humbled as I am with your kind words there's an ulterior motive to my method.

As of this week - as you know - Aidan is gaffer for the next two whilst I flit around Eastern Canada on holibobs...

The greater the kitty for when I return (perhaps not to gafffer depending on how Aidan finds it) the more-likely we can all have a decent session in The Dolphin mid-Sep.

Besides, I'm still dropping out after the deadline. Something I've always been keen to enforce a fine for. Courage of my convictions and all that!

SO, yes, I'll referee and yes, I'll pay my fees. By doing so I hope we can all have a proper social in The Dolphin when I return with some [liquid portion?] of the night paid for - but organised by someone else.
Donny

Post by Donny »

sorry for late post - not around this week or next
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Hi, unfortunately looks like Kristian is still not feeling too good... so it's just me this week. I have asked him to sign up... doubt he will though... but you can break him greg!

cheers

Droid.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

Just back from hols. Hope there's room for one more tonight. I'll be there anyway so if too many players me and ullyses can try some europa league 'multi-reffing'
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Of course Tarbs. Come along mate. We're 13 - which is fine so long as I get the balance of the teams correct.

As always; do shout if you think you've played with someone too many times/not enough OR the teams aren't balanced!

Can anyone give me a lift? Cannot be arsed walking tonight. Droidy do you need one too, from the station?
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Hi Ulysees... Yes... if anyone is going by Sydenham Station it would be great if I could catch a lift... if not I will jog/powerwalk!

cheers

Droid.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Droidy:

Can you text me your number? I've got us a lift (thanks Columbus) but I need to work out when you'll be in Sydders and where you'll be.

I'm on 07531 493337 Mr Hill.

Have PM'd you also.

G
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

All sorted. Cheers Chris and Andrew.

BTW: We are hurtling towards 1392 posts and the person that does that post really ought to do the 'Columbus rhyme' in Chris' honour!
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Ulysees - you're a hundred years ahead of your time.

All - good game tonight despite the rain. Unfotrunately I can't play next week, hopefully back the following week.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Ok gents, I'm gaffering for the next two weeks, so if you can post your availability at the earliest, would be appreciated.

Trying to avoid what happened last night - ie two people saying they were going to turn up and then didn't - this costs us all money Steve and Dave, so if you can't make it, let Greg know so he can find someone else to replace you.
schmozz

Post by schmozz »

thoroughly enjoyable game this week, the highlight being the referee's performance.

i'm in for next week, and can bring along another if numbers are needed, just let me know.
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

I am afraid I am out for 1st Sep. (Going to watch the EELS at Brixton Academy)
I will let you know if Kristian can make it on Monday - I'm still trying to get him to sign up!

cheers

Droid.
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

droidathon wrote:(Going to watch the EELS at Brixton Academy)
Good choice.

Anyway, I'm in for football.