Zanzibar - Kirkdale - Scum

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
NorthernIrelandSydenham

Zanzibar - Kirkdale - Scum

Post by NorthernIrelandSydenham »

It’s a **** nightmare, there has been four near riots in the past 8 weeks and the noise of what can only be described as ‘monkeys’ coming out from its depths is mad at the weekends.

They swing, yes swing! From the lampposts on the street outside and the filling station next door, hence the term monkeys. Really, they act like out of control monkeys on the street after a few drinks.

I’m sick and tired of it, sick and tired of them waking us at 4-6am.

Anyone else?
Eagle

Re: Zanzibar - Kirkdale - Scum

Post by Eagle »

To be honest never heard of this establishment. I take it nothing whatever to do with The Republic of Tanzania.

Is this the former Twilights. If so can appreciate concerns. We had company do there in 86 and a colleague was glassed by lout

I suggest you complain to your Councillors , usually a good place to start
NorthernIrelandSydenham

I've started the ball rolling on that score. And yes I do believe it was once 'Twilight' and I would say 95% of the people that hang around it and enter its doors have strong African accents.

Just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the joys of living within its zone of scum.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights look like some bright spark ran a few busses of the finest from Elephant & Castle. :?
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Pant-hoot!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The point has been made about early hours annoyance. There are a number of avenues which may be able to help. There is planning, licensing and noise - which Lewisham 'polices'. As suggested above contacting a councillor may be the best way to access them. Obviously if behaviour is criminal than the police and if it is borderline it may be worthwhile contacting the SNT Panel.

Some remarks above are inflammatory. Please cool it or have future ones removed.

Admin
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Some remarks above are inflammatory.
Being a wee bit generous methinks Admin
sydenhamgardener

Post by sydenhamgardener »

There is definately an issue with noise at kicking out time from Zanzibar. However ranting about it on a forum is probably not going to help. Get in touch with the council and complain. Ultimately they are the only ones who are going to help getting it shut down.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I think it is helpful to post about this as others who have experienced this problem could unite in protest.
Oh for the day that Tanzania , or whatever it is , was a very posh restaurant as part of Cobb's Dept Store.
I suggest you contact local councillors whom I have always found helpful. I think Marion Nesbit covers this ward , you can find out in Council site.
When you say Scum are you forgetting a middle r which would make it a rugby match.

Good Luck
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

95% of the people that hang around it and enter its doors have strong African accents.
Sounds like a valid reason the close the place down to me :roll:
NorthernIrelandSydenham

GLOBAL THINKER wrote:
95% of the people that hang around it and enter its doors have strong African accents.
Sounds like a valid reason the close the place down to me :roll:
Who said it was a reason to shut down a club?

Your point is you're looking for a negative reaction on your post, which is a stupid point. I was pointing out the noise, because I’m the one who can hear it and gets woken up by it. Therefore it’s not Dutch, German or French accents, its strong African accents. This was a direct follow on to the person who posted in reply to my first post “Republic of Tanzania” which would fit in with the name of the club!

Another thing, I never mentioned colour, in fact, one of my girlfriends good friends is a white African who I would describe as having a strong African accent.

If I witnessed white people swinging from the lamp posts, they would indeed be acting like monkeys also. Stop trying to play your wee race card on me, put it back into your insecure pocket and do one.
NorthernIrelandSydenham

sydenhamgardener wrote:There is definately an issue with noise at kicking out time from Zanzibar. However ranting about it on a forum is probably not going to help. Get in touch with the council and complain. Ultimately they are the only ones who are going to help getting it shut down.
It was not a rant, but a direct question to a group of people that come from the same area and therefore might be experiencing the same problem. Action has been taken, local people within the area were called upon to sign a petition against the disturbance and this was submitted to the council. Calls have been put into the local police as these would lend weight, along with the petition, when the time came to renew the licence of said establishment.

Hopefully this will achieve something.
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Monkeys swinging from lamposts
African Accents
Elephant and Castle

The terms above are all ones you have used. Anyone with half a brain knows that Elephant and Castle has a large African population. I think its one thing to have an issue about noise pollution, but quite another to be quite so descriptive and offensive about the users of the establishment. I see a clear divide on this issue in your original post. How would you have described a club full of blue eyed, long legged blondes making equally as much noise, probably wouldn't have irritated you half as much I would imagine. Just don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. 8) my card will get wet.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is the place for a noise issue which has been answered. It is not for racial innuendos real or imagined. Thread terminated.

Admin