Bromleys Residents Parking Survey/Lewisham LIP & Crystal Pal

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mrs woman

Bromleys Residents Parking Survey/Lewisham LIP & Crystal Pal

Post by mrs woman »

Hello

Has anyone see the consultation forms on resident parking sent out by Bromley last month. Its very one sided it asks if there is a problem with parking and tells you that Resident Parking costs £35 (and the rest)... Yet again have only till 7th February to send your views back. Sorry dont have the info but i sent the form back to environmental services in bromley council, perhaps people can email them....

Sent mine back clearly written stop trying to stealth tax us. They only tried to put in residents parking a couple of years ago and it got an overwhelming Rejection by reseidents. Though I wonder has this anything to do with this Lewisham LIP or if its just a conicidence. However 2 years ago we had some interim changes with yellow lines up Newlands park and around parish/leonards Lane near Penge East which has restricted parking considerably. If they really cared about the residents then it should be funded by non residents parking and resdients parking should be free.

With Lewisham LIP is this the consultation they did in curtain world a year or so which was a council and tfl partnership thingy saying they were going to spend money on the high street. Or is different and what about bromley part of sydenham is this exluded? I havent had a chance to look at this - so where exactly does it apply to and does it effect parking (sorry to be so one minded)

Finally, on planning re Crystal palace i hear that this is going ahead with the sell off to developers dont know the full details or what the final plan is. Anybody know.

Cheers

MW
simon

Re: Bromleys Residents Parking Survey/Lewisham LIP & Crystal

Post by simon »

Hi MW,
Cant help with your first point but the Sydenham High Street regeneration had been delayed a by about nine months but will still go ahead, we're told. It only concerns part of Sydenham Road and a couple of streets off it. Nothing to do with Bromley.
As regard to Crystal Palace Park; check out the CPFC thread above; heated debate :wink:
Lewisham did a consultation about CPZ a couple of years and the the general feeling was leave things more or less as they are.
Willy

Re: Bromleys Residents Parking Survey/Lewisham LIP & Crystal

Post by Willy »

I got one of these as well, it basically asked if there was a problem with parking and if a residents parking scheme was required, I answered no for both points