skimming device Sydenham HSBC atm

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

skimming device Sydenham HSBC atm

Post by syd »

hello everyone

A few years ago but my card got skimmed at the hsbc, the crooks only took very small amounts over a month or two from the same bank so it didn't stand out initially.
I tried to get some compensation from hsbc but I could not prove it wasn't me did anyone else have that problem?

I only brought this up as there was a device at tesco in crystal palace.

cheers
syd
lemonade

Skimming

Post by lemonade »

Hello Syd
I didn't know it was called skimming but the same thing happened to me not so long ago. Though it was not with the HSBC but another bank.
I had a couple of entries on my statement which at first I didn't notice.
I went overdrawn by £600 and at first I thought perhaps somehow I overspent. But when I got my next statement I realised with horror there were loads of Petrol Station withdrawals which I knew nothing about.
I have a Visa Delta Debit card which has Chip & PIN. I phoned my bank and explained. The gave me the number of Delta Dispute. They said they'd look into it and send me a form. I filled in the form and sent it back. I got all my money back without any further problems. Though I closely inspect my bank statements now!