Community consultation - St Clements Heights, Wells Park Rd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
annabel mclaren

Community consultation - St Clements Heights, Wells Park Rd

Post by annabel mclaren »

The St Clements Danes Holborn Trust is proposing to regenerate its almshouses at St Clements Heights on Sydenham Hill (the entrance is off Wells Park Road, near the junction with Sydenham Hill, opposite the Dulwich Wood House). The almshouses are in need of major improvement works and the charity say that they can only afford this is by developing part of their site and building housing for sale. The proposal is to build 46 residential units, ranging from flats to 4-bedroom family houses. The charity will rebuild and maintain 50 almshouses - representing over 50% affordable housing on site. Local residents and community groups are invited to a community workshop and exhibition to view the proposals (which have not yet been lodged as a planning application) and give feedback. Details of the event is as follows:
Public exhibition: Friday 1st July, 3pm to 6pm, St. Philip the Apostle Church Hall, Coombe Road SE26 6QW (off Wells Park Road).
Annabel McLaren, Sydenham Society
Thomas

Re: Community consultation - St Clements Heights, Wells Park

Post by Thomas »

Thanks Annabel for posting this - I couldn't make it to the exhibition but this is of strong interest to me as I live very nearby - do I need to wait until the planning application is submitted to find out more or is there any other information out there I can access?