5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Ulysses

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Ulysses »

Gentlemen,

A couple of things?

Firstly, (and I promise I will follow through with my threat) that is genuinely me for a spell. I think 6 weeks 'out' is a women-only [nursing] session so you might have to suffer me then. Whilst Ben was giving me a lift home I mooted the idea of a night out at the Dulwich Wood House in Sydders. It's a great al fresco venue and would certainly help for the few lads who live up that way? Needn't neccesarily be a Weds either - although that's a selfish viewpoint on my behalf.

Secondly, I really enjoyed tonight and know that I shall miss the weekly game. I even enjoyed playing alongisde Aidan. Can I just offer my sincere apolgies Aidan for a few weeks back. I'm known as a keyboard warrior and I can only apologise unreservedly. Although you gave as good as you got? Still, good to see you back.

That's it from me. As Aidan was right to point out verbosity is a long-standing weakness of mine. Jesus, this is almost tearful...must be those episodes of Teen Mom 2 Katherine keeps on recording on MTV and I DO NOT watch, absolutely DO NOT!

Hopefully in the meantime Alex can rediscover his form of when he first started playing with us. For my part I'm sorry if I've hexed you - you know you can do it...you've just got to believe it again.

Let's have a game against AliB's crew - surely Powell will score at least one then?

Peace out!

Gregory
Powell

Post by Powell »

Greg, What a emontional speech even brought a tear to my eye, oh no sorry it wasn't a tear it just started raining :shock: I think your hormones are playing up!

A night out sounds good to me! The kitty is just under £140 so i guess use £100 for a night out and the rest keep in the kitty just incase, I spoke to GOALS last night and next week is our last game so i guess i'll have to block book another 10 so hopefully we can keep numbers up for them!

Greg you will be missed but if i score i will now why!! then i'll have to ban you from coming :wink: and if i dont rediscover my form i guess i will have to hang up my boots :)

As for AliB's crew i will talk to him and try arrange a game with them! would anyone be up for a weekend game?
Donny

Post by Donny »

Always up for a night out and game against Alib's crew although not so sure we'll get numbers on a weekend.

In for 13th along with my mate Banksy.
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi, that's true we are going to miss you Greg.

I am ok for a night out and also to play AliB's team as long as it is not on week ends.

It was a good game last night. I am up for the 13th July and bar the odd Weds can confirm that I will be present the next 10 games.

sydders
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I am:
- In for Wednesday
- Up for a social at the DWH (or wherever)
- Up for a game against AliB's crew (he is, after all, the Godfather of Sydenham Town football), although I agree with Donny that we probably won't get sufficient numbers on a weekend
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

In for next weds. I could probably do a weekend game against Alib's band of merry men.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

In for next week

chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

OUT for next week.

Social sounds good, and weekend game could work for me.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Truly sorry about last Weds just gone but it was genuinely out of my hands...
In for this Wednesday,in for a jolly and prob in for a w/e game, you know me, I likes a bit of in ;-)
Oooh errr misses.

bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

After a setback with my back last Sunday, I am expecting to be fully mobile for Wednesday so count me in (will have to post on Tuesday if I can tell I'm not going to be able to play)
I'm up for a social at the DWH, nice pub.
I'm up for a game against AliB's crew depending on when it is. Not sure about others but Sundays would be good. I think my son would love to come and watch us, mad fool!
parklife

Post by parklife »

Ribs now better - best I don't go to another wedding for a while !!!

IN for next wednesday
IN for social - DWH fine by me - perhaps it will stop raining and we can sit in beer garden !
IN for a weekend game against Alib

Also ok for next 10 weeks block booking
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

in for wednesday
in for social depending on date
ullyses you big bloody girl

Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Can confirm i'll be back next week, although easing myself in lightly...

IN
Powell

Post by Powell »

Fantastic! the return of the redhead! how's the foot? droidy joining you or steve?

as for a sunday game, once i know how many can play i'll try arrange a game? early morning be better for everyone?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Sh*t or bust...in for everything, including playing on a Sunday.

Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Yeah, foot's ok but will have to take it even easier than normal for a little while. Have no idea how it's going to react seeing as i've not run or played football since I did it back in April.

Unsure about Steve, will check today and post tonight. Droid's in France doing his charity bike ride so he's a 100% no.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

In for Weds but need to steer clear of any vicious tackles as have the City 5km run the next day for my sins. If we have too many people I am happy to drop out this week to "rest up" for the race. In for socials and for a game against Ali B & co

ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Hi chaps , i've sent Alex (Powell) a pm, so i may as well post the essence of it on here.

I joined a group of males over 40 who were trying to get fit. The 10 week course is now finished, but we still have 5 more weeks down at GOALS (copers cope) on Thursday evenings. I think a fair few of us are over 50, but the enthusiasm is still there. ATM we are dealing with a particular c0ck in our group who is very physical and seems out to cause injury. We should have this nailed by next week. Some people just can't play nicely.

Let me come back to you next week with some propositions. At the moment Sydenham Town would absolutely cream us , so we need to discuss available options, cos there's no point playing unless the teams are competitive/balanced.

an 11-a-side match on a big pitch holds some temptation for me, but we'll get something sorted for the 5/7's ASAP

Ali
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

No Steve, as I mentioned, he's now moved out of Balham so doubt we'll see him again.

A plus for some.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Let me at him Ali - I seem to have gained a reputation recently for taking players out! Look forward to playing with you again.