KIcking off in Lewisham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
CaptainCarCrash

Re: Post all the news of the Riots here (To make it easy)

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

JRobinson wrote:not really (imo) - if the child is under the age of responsibility, then anything they do is the responsibilty of the parent. if the child commits an offence that done by an adult would result in being evicted, then by that rule, the parents, who are responsible, should be evicted. end of.
Agreed, then the child can be made ward of court and taken into care.
sydenhamparent

Post by sydenhamparent »

need to trade Blackberries for Blackberrying

Have just come back from Devon where farmers can't get anyone to pick the fruit, there's loads of it but its paid by the kilo so would have to be fast to make money. However, practice makes perfect so after a few days it could be worthwhile - people used to do it and its great to be away from tv and technology for a while - we didn't even know the riots were happening until Tuesday when an Australian friend emailed to see if we were alright!
Point is - in summer, kids should be picking blackberries not texting on them! councils need to take them off to see another side of life, get those Nikes dirty in some mud and take those false nails off - feel the earth and value the food!
mosy

Post by mosy »

mikecg wrote:
JRobinson wrote:not really (imo) - if the child is under the age of responsibility, then anything they do is the responsibilty of the parent. if the child commits an offence that done by an adult would result in being evicted, then by that rule, the parents, who are responsible, should be evicted. end of.
Agreed, then the child can be made ward of court and taken into care.
It seems Westminster has adopted a similar eviction posture. It doesn't seem clear what happens to the evicted persons then, just that they are not welcome in Westminster. So presumably another borough would be expected to pick up the pieces of either re-housing, expensive bed & breakfasting, or homeless on the street. An interview on the James Whale radio broadcast tonight LBC97.3 5.30-5.45pm relates. The discussion continues if anyone is able to tune in. I'll see if it comes up as a "listen again" podcast.
sydenhamparent

Post by sydenhamparent »

Horrible thing to do (putting children into care). Just need to help the parents. Who encouraged them to have children on the state anyway?! They're all victims of the system and are blamed for corporation greed - the government pays the kids EMA money then companies take it off them in mobile phone bills and McDonalds lunches. Governments are really just subsidising the mobile phone companies.

Kids get left with the remote controls and to fend for themselves whilst their parents (most often single mothers) are forced to work all day to provide for them. Taking the kids and putting them into 'Tracey Beaker' style homes would solve nothing - have you heard the way they shout at the carers and tell them to 'shut up' on that programme - is the BBC setting a good example? Definitely not!
They're all to blame, and as for Capital(ist) radio, selling them on being 'Billionaires' - its just brainwashing in the cruelest form. Shoving them from pillar to post will make them even more desensitised and angry at the world - they already think it owes them a living "my rights, my rights" their generation bleats. The right to work is all anyone needs and mothers deserve the right to be at home looking after their kids.
Last edited by sydenhamparent on 11 Aug 2011 19:26, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I agree on your first point . People should not have children unless they can support them without state help. People on benefit should only allowed max 2 children. Anymore get ZERO benefit.

No one is starving in this country and virtually everyone has a roof over their head. For poverty look at places like Bangladesh or Chad ( where the police really do a good job ).

The lefties keep saying where is money for clubs. We did not have money in the 50's and 60's when I went to Scouts. People should form their own clubs they should not need to be funded.

Nice to see the police in Manchester beat a looter with their truncheons. Well done GM Police.
I see some lefties are complaining about this
CaptainCarCrash

Eagle wrote:I agree on your first point . People should not have children unless they can support them without state help. People on benefit should only allowed max 2 children. Anymore get ZERO benefit.

No one is starving in this country and virtually everyone has a roof over their head. For poverty look at places like Bangladesh or Chad ( where the police really do a good job ).

The lefties keep saying where is money for clubs. We did not have money in the 50's and 60's when I went to Scouts. People should form their own clubs they should not need to be funded.

Nice to see the police in Manchester beat a looter with their truncheons. Well done GM Police.
I see some lefties are complaining about this
We're living in a we want it all for naff all society.
sydenhamparent

Post by sydenhamparent »

Sums it up really - all bling, with no kerching. Even Dianne Abbot admitted on Newsnight last night that they were really only going for JD Sports and supermarkets - they should have summer jobs in those places then they wouldn't have time or energy to loot them - but no jobs going. Therein lies the problem.
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

some photos I took of the car fire on tuesday morning - as you can see - it got pretty large and took hold of the tree at one point

heres hoping I've worked out how to add images !?! and I've not cocked this up

cheers
tulse hill terry

Post by tulse hill terry »

Search East

Post by Search East »

Anyone on Facebook should check out the group: Rioters Vs Photoshop.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 297&type=1

Many people have made they're feelings known about the riots / rioters, so expect funny, shocking, clever and poignant comments on peoples take about what has happened.

There apparently has been a book produced, to raise money to support damaged local businesses, but I think they're walking into a image copyright storm if it is true:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/r ... f/center/4
CaptainCarCrash

Funny

Tragic

Search East

Post by Search East »

multisync

Post by multisync »

I think they set the fire in that location, because the resident has just had the fence replaced,and I suppose these low lifes thought if they have money to put up a new fence then we can burn it down!
CaptainCarCrash

The world hasn't really changed tbf I really do think that the internet and it's look at me phenomanon has probably had a huge part to play. It is wise to not focus so much on the horrific violence because that happens in riots and is one of the most frightening aspects of civil unrest. Compared with other countries we had no injuries inflicted by the police during the riots which is unheard of in most other places.

There is also a slightly comical side to all of this. The fact people took the ridiculous piss with their antics in broad daylight has left me with a sense of WTF.

A lot of people really do not understand the technology they use. There was a lad who was bragging that he couldn't be caught on chavbook only to find the police smashing his door down and recovering a looted I love Manchester T-shirt. If brains were dynamite.

Does the punishment fit the crime? it's the circumstances in which people stole or received that is delivering tough justice.

I did laugh in the case where the defence said there is one word which describes my client, fool. The judge responded with there is one word which describes your client, burglar :lol:
Dodgybird

Post by Dodgybird »

Is it all over now? Can I get up the shops and back?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
CaptainCarCrash

You can come out now, I think all of the badies have gone.

They're hiding under their beds now as we were before them :D
Dodgybird

Re: KIcking off in Lewisham

Post by Dodgybird »

To be perfectly honest I got caught up in the worst of it in Lewisham.. I was unable to contact my daughter who had been to visit her grandma in Lewisham Hospital when I first saw the live feeds on Sky News.... She's 17.... So instinct kicked in (or madness) and armed with my mothers walking stick and a cricket bat I went to find her....!!! Thankfully she had made it out before it all got out of hand.... I'm glad to say I didn't need to use either stick or bat, but for the information of any loon, baddie or lowlife.... If needed, I would have!!

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Dodgybird
I 100% agree.
No one could complain if a rioter gets hurt. More the better.

Hope your mother getting better.
CaptainCarCrash

Dodgybird wrote:I didn't need to use either stick or bat, but for the information of any loon, baddie or lowlife.... If needed, I would have!!
Luckily for us we only have a few loons on this site.
Dodgybird

Post by Dodgybird »

I'm keeping my eyes open... They sneak up when guards are down!! Keep em peeled!!