5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Redhead

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Redhead »

In for this week but it'll potentially be one of my last, i'll be moving to North London soon partly as a result of the Firebox office move. Getting to Sydenham won't be too much bother but the journey home will make it a no go for me once I move probably.

Would be massively in support of a weekly/fortnightly city game. The pitches at Liverpool street are pretty decent, all five-a-side too.
xav

Post by xav »

fahd will be in on wednesday
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm reluctant to move the regular Wednesday matches from Sydenham - shades of Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes!

But I'm also up for playing some games in the City/Shoreditch area on another night.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

In for Wednesday, not sure my legs are up to further mid week games but would be happy to give it a try. But not on Mondays. Didn't score last week so hoping to make up for it this week.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

In for this Weds,don't forget my birthday cake ... I'll be 36 ( koff !! ) ;-)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

Redhead wrote:In for this week but it'll potentially be one of my last, i'll be moving to North London soon partly as a result of the Firebox office move. Getting to Sydenham won't be too much bother but the journey home will make it a no go for me once I move probably.

Would be massively in support of a weekly/fortnightly city game. The pitches at Liverpool street are pretty decent, all five-a-side too.
where abouts in north london?

I drive down so if it's nearby wouldn't mind dropping you off
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

Joe Pineapples wrote:In for Wednesday.

Here's a question; how many of us work in and around the City? Would there be interest in either playing on another night or even moving the Wednesday game to a new location?
Just asking...not committing heresy, Firebox has just moved to Shoreditch, which means in theory we could get some extra players if there was a chance of a 2nd game or new venue.

Any opinions/views welcome.

Cheers

btw, if you fancy a thursday game you might be able to sign uphere ;)

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6738
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Paul. wrote:
Redhead wrote:In for this week but it'll potentially be one of my last, i'll be moving to North London soon partly as a result of the Firebox office move. Getting to Sydenham won't be too much bother but the journey home will make it a no go for me once I move probably.

where abouts in north london?

I drive down so if it's nearby wouldn't mind dropping you off
Moving to Neasden in a couple of week's time... Not sure where that is in relation to you?

Sadly i'm now out this week, there's a 'welcome to the Shoreditch neighbourhood' Firebox event which I should show my face at for longer than a fleeting visit so won't be down this week.

Should be in for the 12th though.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Sorry for late posting, I'm in for tomorrow if theres room...
Powell

Post by Powell »

ben will be a shame to lose you so hopefully rick can sort you out!

Phil never to late mate, plus you have been booked in since last week as we all know where your staying tonight ;) dirty stop out!

Happy Birthday Steve! might even get a goal tonight!!

TEAMS for tonight - hopefully this will be ok! should be good! £6.50 each tonight!!!!!! please bring change!!! trying to keep costs down for everyone for a night

BIBS -

Alex
Manu
Richard
Ben
Barry
Steve
Darren

COLOURS -

Xav
Saul
Ben Red
Phil
Rick
Fhad
Matt

cya tonight!

PS. any offers on taking over from me?
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Cheers Alex !! About time I bagged a couple of goals, I'm looking to add to my miserable tally tonight ...... Goalie beware !! ( yea right ) ;-)

Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

My Mother (or was it my teacher) used to always say "never volunteer anyone to do something you're not prepared to do yourself"...

Given I have been in the hotseat twice I vote Ben Fowler [Joe Pineapples] for gaffer.

Just throwing it out there for pure mischief value!
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I often work close to Liverpool St and use Shoreditch HIgh St to get home so happy to receive a shout if people are playing up that way and need a few more players any week.
Happy to take the kit home to wash the odd week but life is a little too manic with three young nippers to take on the gaffership responsibility at present.

See the teams, great, I get to play against Fahd AGAIN! :) See you later.
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

One goal for me last night.

In for next week.

Just a quick reminder that the Sydenham Town Football Christmas Curry and Awards is on Wednesday 7 December 2011. All current and recent players welcome. Stick it in your diaries!

And for any potential new players reading this who fancy a game, just post your interest. New players are always welcome.
xav

Post by xav »

Who is interested for monday 8pm?
Donny

Post by Donny »

In for wednesday. If you're still keeping goals scored I got 2 the week before last.
Powell

Post by Powell »

GOOD MORNING!

Where is everyone? only matt and richard playing this week?

Please post if your playing or not so i can arrange the pitch!!! ASAP!!! before tomorrow

Matt, yes i'm still keeping track of goals so i'll update the site and put the link on later tonight!
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

in for weds

ben - I'm in finsbury park way, can drop you off at canary wharf, jubilee line will take 20 odd mins to get to neasden
xav

Post by xav »

i m in with manu for wed (which is going to be one iof my last for me)
Powell

Post by Powell »

xav, sorry wont be able to come footie tonight mate as my little boy is unwell