5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

cyclesteve wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it last night guys but some to**er knocked me off my bike on the way home yesterday, so I spent a good part of yesterday evening in Lewisham hospital getting checked over, no serious injuries , just a bit of bruising and a back wheel shaped like a crisp.
Sorry to hear that. Glad you're okay.
Kevan

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Kevan »

If you are looking for a good venue, with great facilities and the best value, drop me a line!
Kev 07989391207
Powell

Post by Powell »

Kev, Thanks for your offer mate

Guys - Kev at the power league in Catford has offered us to play there, cost will be £67.50 per game, if we block book 10 games we get 20% off and 20 games 25% off, also he has kindly offered us a game for £33.25 on a 7's pitch to test out the pitch to see if its right for us? so maybe we can arrange a monday game??

this also depends on players as i know north beckenham is a good venue for us! and even tho catford is not far but can still be a pain for most people

Let me know what you guys think

al
Kevan

Post by Kevan »

Hi Alib, just sent you a private message. Please confirm you got it ok!
Kev 7989391207
Powell

Post by Powell »

Kev i'm the Person you spoke to just incase you think it was AliB

Alex
Kevan

Post by Kevan »

hi Alex, here is the message i posted Alib: 'we spoke earlier, as i discussed i can offer you a regular booking at Catford's 5g (newer) 7-a-side Pitch (bigger) for considerably less than you are currently paying. Peak time cost is just £67.50 per hour as against the £84 you are paying at Beckenham. We are also offering further substantial discounts to new bookers, i can offer you your first game for half price (£34) and if you then sign up for 10 weeks then we give you 10 weeks for the price of nine, ie: just £607.50 vs the £840 you are currently paying, by my reckoning thats a saving of £232.50!!
Alternatively if you were able to pay up front for the whole 10 weeks we actually offer you a 20% discount, that brings the cost down to just £540, even i can work the maths on that, its saving you £300 quid!!
In case you are especially flush, we offer a 25% discount on those bookers able to commit and pay upfront for 20 weeks, that saves you £337.50 on the usual cost and works out to a saving of over £600 on what you could expect to pay at Goals. If you would like to take me up on this offer and arrange a day to try the facilities out, for the half price fee i mentioned earlier, Please contact me on 07989391207 or contact the centre directly on 0208 690 1111 and mention my name.
PS as mentioned please don't delay in getting back to me as availability is strictly on a first come first served basis. If you get back to me by tomorrow, i will even throw in a new Nike football!!
Cheers Kev
JoePineapples

Post by JoePineapples »

I'm up for trying Catford; same difference to me but appreciate might be a bit tougher for others...in for this week too.
Donny

Post by Donny »

In for wednesday.

I'm in for trying Catford (bar service must be quicker...!) but we're under contract for a few more weeks at Goals.

Alex - I'll give goals a call and tell them Catford have offered us a better deal; see if they can do us a better price.
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

In for Wednesday and up for catford
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Yep, count me in for Wednesday and Catford, ta.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Sean also in for this week
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Time to hang up my astro trainers, between work and injury. Thanks to you all for a great time and I hope the 5/7 a-side grows and grows.
Regards Nick
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I'm in for Wednesday cheers guys, Tricky
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

In for Wednesday.
Sorry to hear you are retiring Nick, it was a pleasure!

Up for trying Catford out and would def play if we continued there. However worth noting that after the ten week cheaper period the usual rate will only be a pound less per person so wondering if that's worth the slightly longer trip.

Christmas Awards
Should have played rugby Award (most hoofs over the fence)
Darren Anderton/ Owen Hargreaves Award (most injuries)
Best Goal (we might have to look out for it between now and Christmas as I'm struggling to remember a really stand out one!)
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

In for Wednesday and maybe for the Catford deal as well.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Nick, thanks for all the games and sorry to hear you're hanging up your boots. As Baz said it's been a pleasure.

In for Wednesday. I'm in for playing a Catford. Now where have I heard that idea before...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I'd be up for a game NEXT WEEK.

In fact, bugger it, I'm in for a game this week.

As for Catford - I don't see to much of a difference. Apart from the fact I will not be able to walk to there. If we can find a way to bypass that permanently clogged bit as you get onto the South Circular then the car journey might be comparable for most too?
Powell

Post by Powell »

looks like we are getting alot of interest for catford! i'll count numbers later...but yea matt if you could call and see if they can temp us to stay with them that will be great!

looks like we have 12 so far for tomorrow, hopefully no one pulls out! no sign from xav and manu yet so hopefully we can make it 14 or more!! :)

Site has been fully updated

http://sydenhamfootie.wordpress.com/

Getting very close now!! Greg who knows you might make a SUPER comeback and take the leaderboard of top scorer...or at least dream! ;)

bring on tomorrow night :) i'll post teams on the site later tonight!
Kevan

Post by Kevan »

Hi Alex, you want to give me a call and see if we can arrange a time for your guys to try it out?
Kev 07989391207
Powell

Post by Powell »

Kev, I'll be meeting the guys tonight and will get back to you

Teams for tonight - http://sydenhamfootie.wordpress.com/