Lawrie Park Gardens Shenanigans

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
BGD

Lawrie Park Gardens Shenanigans

Post by BGD »

Anyone here have any further information on a car crash / potential theft last night?

According to my girlfriend who was @ home at the time, a car was parked, then reparked once or twice in this street yesterday mid morning by a couple of "trendy hoodies."

Then in the evening, about 8 oc I heard a crunch and after a minute (as I was prepping dinner) pulled back the blinds to see that the same car (as it transpired) suddenly disgorge about 7 or 8 (!) young men and women (with the ubiquitous hoods) who went running off in one direction, then doubled back in the other direction as a police car came reversing down the road after them. They had somehow, bizarrely managed to reverse the car into the wall of one of the houses a little way up. Seems the policeman caught none of them as he milled about and after about 10 minutes a police van (stable horse door bolted - pls rearrange) turned up.

Curious. Without the earlier events one might assume it was a simple theft / joy ride but with this factor it's a little more intriguing...

It's a shame with my fuzzy sight I couldn't really see them with much clarity or I would have gone down to give a statement
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Coincidentally it was my wall they reversed into. Just my luck to be away in Wales when a story literally drops onto my doorstep. It was reported back to me that five people were arrested. One or two neighbouring cars were damaged in the fracas by the VW Polo.

Admin
BGD

Post by BGD »

Small world indeed even within Sydenham :shock:

I guess I should withdraw what I implied about the ineffectualness of the local police force!
Annie

Post by Annie »

:cry:
was there much damage done to the Cars and your Wall Admin?