Builder/Plumber/Electrition

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
pupak

Builder/Plumber/Electrition

Post by pupak »

Can anyone recommend any good builders, plumbers and electricians?
House needs rewiring, new boiler and I want to knock down an internal wall.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

A man called Neil re-wired my whole house and did a good job as far as I can see and is very nice and helpful.
His number is 07939 033191.

I would recommend the plumber I used but he only usually deals with North London so there's probably no point.

As for a good builder - they don't exist, everyone knows that.
Greg Whitehead

Re: Builder/Plumber/Electrition

Post by Greg Whitehead »

pupak wrote:Can anyone recommend any good builders, plumbers and electricians?
House needs rewiring, new boiler and I want to knock down an internal wall.
I daresay you are aware Pupak only to use an NICEIC registered 'sparky'. I use a firm called JC Electrical. They can be found on the niceic site. John Cox is the owner and the person I deal with - I cannot fault them and they did a phenomenal job bringing my archaic installation kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

If you want to search around I believe there are a few slightly more local (although I've never had any problem with JC Electrical journeying all the way from Erith).

http://www.niceic.org.uk/common/contractor_search.html
pupak

Post by pupak »

Thanks Greg and Juwlz

I have had a look on the NICEIC website but I was really hoping to find someone on a recommendation, so thanks for your suggestions.

As I have not had many replies especially about builders and plumbers perhaps forum members could give me an idea of who to avoid?
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Hi pupak,

Neil, the electrician I recommended has all the necessary certificates that you need as far as I am aware.

In terms of a plumber, I often drive past this place in Beckenham that is on Rectory road, and seems to have a lot of awards, I noticed because they seem to have been voted the best plumbers in britain or something so it stuck in my mind to try to remember!

I have never used them personally and don't know anyone that has but, they sound like a good starting point. Their website is:

http://www.acwilgar.co.uk/
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

I too am a qualified sparks registered with the NICEIC. I would love to help but:

a) Not supposed to advertise here
b) Busy being ill
c) Moved away - see item b)

See you all in the summer when the drugs start working

PS: There are other electrical accreditation bodies such as ECA, NAPIT, The IEE and BSI. In fact the last 2 actually write the rules - NIC like to think they do and everyone thinks they do because they're the only ones who bother to advertise.
AliT

Post by AliT »

Hi Pupak
We have used a fab plumber called Steve a few times and I can wholeheartedly recommend him. He is Catford based so not far away. Hi mobile is: 07905099525

Good Luck!