Forest Hill Elisnore Road Incident Meeting

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
CaptainCarCrash

Re: Forest Hill Elisnore Road Incident Meeting

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Voyageur wrote:Nope - just ones local to me, in the same way you hop across to VN and add your 2p.
OK

I often see threads where people speak metaphorically, increasingly so when they are upset or if the subject is somewhat emotive.

What I mean by metaphorically is I suppose to depict a scenario whithout ever intending to carrying any actions out.

Just an observation, no biggie.

:)
Annie

Post by Annie »

What I mean by metaphorically is I suppose to depict a scenario whithout ever intending to carrying any actions out.

Just an observation, no biggie.

:)[/quote]

Then they need to learn to rephrase things, and make it sound less like an actual threat. :wink:
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

I agree Annie, it's never a good idea tbf.

Especially if it's directed toward a Police man in Sydenham.

There are times when I should keep my mouth shut and this is probably one of them.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:wink:
londheart

Proportionality

Post by londheart »

The word 'proportionality' springs to mind. I, mean, the man gets out two large knives, so you have to shoot him, right?
Well, no, not really. Those of us addicted to late night TV know only too well that Steven Seagal and Bruce Lee (and anyone with normal army training) would have a much better, more proportional answer - especially the first time. But then they're fit.
But the police should be fit, especially in view of the amount of discrimination they apply to disabled job applicants.
And what about the sedative dart option, known to viewers of the old TV African Vet series 'Daktari?' Is that something reserved for real animals?
And no, I'm in no hurry to go down to community meetings to say the (to some of us) obvious. Contributions like this seem to open the floodgates to reactionary fascist ranters (some ex-police, I note here). Bullying seems to be the majority, default activity option (which is what this thread is all about, at root). It's bad enough seeing it on the screen, without going down realtown meetings to experience it. :(
Annie

Re: Proportionality

Post by Annie »

londheart wrote:The word 'proportionality' springs to mind. I, mean, the man gets out two large knives, so you have to shoot him, right?
Well, no, not really. Those of us addicted to late night TV know only too well that Steven Seagal and Bruce Lee (and anyone with normal army training) would have a much better, more proportional answer - especially the first time. But then they're fit.
But the police should be fit, especially in view of the amount of discrimination they apply to disabled job applicants.
And what about the sedative dart option, known to viewers of the old TV African Vet series 'Daktari?' Is that something reserved for real animals?
And no, I'm in no hurry to go down to community meetings to say the (to some of us) obvious. Contributions like this seem to open the floodgates to reactionary fascist ranters (some ex-police, I note here). Bullying seems to be the majority, default activity option (which is what this thread is all about, at root). It's bad enough seeing it on the screen, without going down realtown meetings to experience it. :(
Eh?
londheart

Post by londheart »

Annie wrote: Eh?
Whattee? :D
Annie

Post by Annie »

londheart wrote:
Annie wrote: Eh?
Whattee? :D