Smart Chaps

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Willy

Smart Chaps

Post by Willy »

Anyone on here use this barbers? Any good?
chrisj1948

Re: Smart Chaps

Post by chrisj1948 »

I do. The owner (the big guy - cannot remember his name offhand) gives an excellent haircut. I have sent various friends and relatives to him and they have all been very satisfied with the result.

Regards
Chris
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Yes - friendly, and great value. The boss if called Lev - I'm emailing him to tell him of this thread now :D
Willy

Post by Willy »

cool, I'll nip in tomorrow to get my hair tamed :D
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I probably mistakingly thought it was a place for clentelle whom required Number 1's

If they do proper cuts then will give them a try
Okepinay

Post by Okepinay »

Eagle wrote:I probably mistakingly thought it was a place for clentelle whom required Number 1's

With your Neo Nazi views my advice to you would be, whilst you are in the chair keep your mouth shut, especially if he has the cut throat in his hand!!!!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Exactly what views I have stated could be remotely attacked as Neo Nazi

I take great exception to your remarks and would like your evidence. When quoting anything of mine please put the whole item not just a few words which are often out of context with the whole article

I await with interest and so do my lawyers
SE26bloke

Post by SE26bloke »

Wow... Godwin's law invoked in 6 moves. That's impressive. :shock:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Okepinay
I am not surprisingly waiting for you to retract and apologise or give evidence in your favour.

I find your remarks totally offensive.
My father gave 6 years of his life fighting Nazism and I know many Jewish freinds some of whose families suffered in the terrible holcaust.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Okepinay wrote:
Eagle wrote:I probably mistakingly thought it was a place for clentelle whom required Number 1's

With your Neo Nazi views my advice to you would be, whilst you are in the chair keep your mouth shut, especially if he has the cut throat in his hand!!!!
Neo-con, maybe, but not a neo-Nazi.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Not sure what to make of your reply Mrs D but thanks for agreeing that I do not have Nazi tendencies.

I am still waiting for the offender to stick their head about the parapet
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Back to Smart Chaps - its a great barbers - although I only trust two of them to cut my hair, the owner and his son.
Annie

Post by Annie »

Eagle wrote:Not sure what to make of your reply Mrs D but thanks for agreeing that I do not have Nazi tendencies.

I am still waiting for the offender to stick their head about the parapet

I thought that post offensive too Okepinay ,
just because Eagles opinion is not the same as yours does not mean hes a Nazi for god sake!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Annie
I expect an apology too much to ask for but guess best to forget it
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

I realise this thread is old but....

Has anyone tried the hot towel shave there?

My brother got one in Turkey and raves about it.

Just wondered how close what they are offering to the real thing?
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Would just like to refresh this post. It's a great place which I enjoy visiting with my young son. It's now a special Dad and Son thing for us as they treat him like a man and not an inconvenient child as they usually do in "hairdressers". He loves the "smart" side parting "italian movie" haircut they give him and he gets just as much time spent on him as an adult.
I love the fact that you queue and don't make appointments and that they are gents only (a proper barbers). Yes you can have a great cutthroat there....

Tomyam

Post by Tomyam »

I live in sydenham and have attended smart chaps barbers for over 6 years twice a month, and have also taken my son there once a month for the past three years.
All Was good until last week i had my usual short crew cut, but it was very uneven and patchy, i had to get another cut in town the next day, looked patchy.
When i returned to Smart Chaps, i asked for a different barber due to my past experience.
I did not expect the reaction by the owner to be told to "sod off & get your hair cut elsewhere"
What kind of customer service is that! Was not even prepared to listen to a customers unsatisfactory experience.
Well thats a smack in the face for shopping local!
Newboy

Post by Newboy »

I am interested in which barber you got the bad haircut from. Interestingly enough, I don't get a good cut from the owner but all the others have been great.
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

Tomyam wrote:All Was good until last week i had my usual short crew cut, but it was very uneven and patchy, i had to get another cut in town the next day, looked patchy.
When i returned to Smart Chaps, i asked for a different barber due to my past experience.
I did not expect the reaction by the owner to be told to "sod off & get your hair cut elsewhere"
This dont make sense. You got a haircut last week an got it fixed at another barbers the next day then went back to Smart Chaps to get it cut yet again?

Im quite particular about my hair cuts and Ive always got very decent cuts at Smart Chaps and never any rudeness.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

Newboy wrote:I am interested in which barber you got the bad haircut from. Interestingly enough, I don't get a good cut from the owner but all the others have been great.
My experience has been the opposite. I always wait for Lev, the owner, to cut my hair since he always does an exceptionally good job.

Regards
Chris