Damp-proofing contractor?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
orgone

Damp-proofing contractor?

Post by orgone »

Seems like everyone's getting geared up for some springtime repairs! I need to speak with a reliable/reputable damp-proofing contractor. Any recommendations out there? And , no, I won't ask at the Railway - i would also like, to expand on requirements, a sober damp-proofing contractor! Pretty fed up with tradesmen showing up with booze on their breath!

ta!
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Be warned by this cautionary tale:

In my old house we had a severe damp problem (or so we thought). We got 3 companies to quote and then ended up going with the most expensive one because they had longer guarantees for their work.

One week after the work had been done I discovered that there was actually a broken pipe under the stairs spurting out loads of water. This was what had been causing the damp problem all along. So all the damp-proofing work we had done was a complete waste of time and money.

Interesting that not one of the companies who quoted discovered this broken pipe.