Film Club

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
rosedarko

Film Club

Post by rosedarko »

Any interested in starting up a film club in Sydenham?
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Nice idea. Count me in.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'd be interested
simon

Post by simon »

I would be up for that. I note they have film nights at the Crown and Greyhound in Dulwich Village and have screened some interesting stuff. There used to be at least three cinemas in Sydenham, apparently. As for a venue, perhpas there is a big room upstairs at the Dolphin :)
randomv

Post by randomv »

I'd definitely be interested in this!
misscaroline

film club fun

Post by misscaroline »

Yes, smart idea. Dolphin would be a nice spot. Keep me posted.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Right so who's gonna project manage this then?
That's the problem with the wonderful world of 'forums'. Virtual meeting rooms but virtually nothing happens.
Maybe we could all meet to discuss this in the Dolphin one evening. We'll have to wear roses in our lapels or something. :oops:
It'll be like speed dating.
Without the speed or the dating.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That's a reasonable point Sydenhamboy. Someone earlier referred to film nights taking place at a pub in Dulwich - I think it would be useful to see how that is going - it might well be simpler for those of us who are interested to go along there rather than spend a lot of time setting something new up in SE26. Book groups, on the other hand (see other recent post), seem a bit easier to sort out.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Right so who's gonna project manage this then?
That's the problem with the wonderful world of 'forums'. Virtual meeting rooms but virtually nothing happens.
Maybe we could all meet to discuss this in the Dolphin one evening. We'll have to wear roses in our lapels or something.
It'll be like speed dating.
Without the speed or the dating.
Good point, sydenhamboy. In the book club discussion in the Town Hall forum (see http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 767f9#6425) I've suggested a date and time for everyone who's interested in book, film and other social groups to meet up. Hopefully people will be able to go along and take things forward from there.
back_ache

Re: Film Club

Post by back_ache »

rosedarko wrote:Any interested in starting up a film club in Sydenham?
We've started one, its in the the bar of the local community theatre and the first month will show 'spinal tap' and the second month 'some like it hot'
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Do you have any more details? Can anyone join?