Gorgeous new garden centre in Parish Lane

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
G-Man

Re: Gorgeous new garden centre in Parish Lane

Post by G-Man »

Went the other day, a lovely place, full of great advice too.

I spoke to the owner when we visited and he asked how we had heard of the place, I told him this forum and he said that one of his early customers said they would post something as they really liked it and it's worked wonders for them. He was very chuffed.

G-Man
umbrella

Post by umbrella »

I'm glad someone posted about it on here as I wouldn't have known it was there as it's not a direction I go very often, but did a detour to go and check it out.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Eagle wrote:I assumed the first couple of posts were from the owners but maybe is worth visiting.
Eagle, do you usually query everyone's identity when they've told you they're not associated with something? :)

It certainly is worth visiting: very nice.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Another clear round from me- went there on Saturday, came home with two beautiful pelargoniums and an agapanthus .
Tea and cake was excellent . This place actually packs in a lot of plants for what is a fairly small area and the quality of their plants , sundries and refreshments is top notch.
Fair play to them I say.
Good morning
Nigel

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
alywin

Post by alywin »

And now they're having a Christmas Market this weekend: http://www.alexandracottages.co.uk/archives/1509
I hope the weather's kind to them.

Oh, and I also ought to mention that we visited and tried the homemade cakes a few weeks ago, and very good they were too :). I think they're serving hot soup during the winter - given the forecast for the weekend, they could be doing a brisk trade!

PS: Anyone visiting might also like to pop round the corner into Penge and support the St. John's School Fair, which is being held in the church (next to the almshouses), as well.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

You could make a right day of it this weekend, pop to the Nursery then wander up to Sydenham to the new Jack and Jill Community Hub then to the pop up shops ending with a coffee or a pint in Forest Hill.

http://www.see3.co.uk/2012/11/the-big-l ... ighlights/

Brilliant!

G-Man
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

You could make a right day of it this weekend, pop to the Nursery then wander up to Sydenham to the new Jack and Jill Community Hub then to the pop up shops ending with a coffee or a pint in Forest Hill.

http://www.see3.co.uk/2012/11/the-big-l ... ighlights/

Brilliant!

G-Man
alywin

Post by alywin »

I went past Alexandra Nurseries this evening on the way back from work, and was surprised to see they were still open. It looks as though they're doing late-night Thursday opening, at least on alternate Thursdays. Looked really nice and cosy in there.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It's a wonderful place. A real treasure.