It's a dog's life on Homecroft...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SepticSkeptic

It's a dog's life on Homecroft...

Post by SepticSkeptic »

Dear dog feeders of SE26.

While you fritter your hard earned cash on pedigree chum... to continue your delusion that your canine actually is a pedigree chum...

....You seem to have failed to notice that your freak of human genetic manipulation is defaecating on the pavement.

Homecroft Road is probably one of the most attractive streets in Sydenham - but I dare anyone of you to try and walk it without watching every step.

Grim.
Annie.

Re: It's a dog's life on Homecroft...

Post by Annie. »

Yuk!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

One of the flats at the top end of homecroft got a new dog a few months ago and since then there has been dog crap up and down Homecroft Road, I'm almost certain it is them, especially as it seems to be on their side of the road and near their flat.

It really pisses me off. I could tell the council but is there any point, without evidence what could they do?

They are generally anti social %#$€wits and I can hear their music several doors down and their constant screaming arguments.

Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Get your mobile out and photograph it making the mess.mind you if they are the type of people you are suggesting,I would report them for the noise they are causing as well,who are these idiots who thinkk its ok to ruin other peoples way of life.

cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

I would take a picture but never actually seen the dog doing it. But it must be them, it only started after they got a dog, is worst near their flat and they are general anti social tossers.

Again with noise nuisance it's really difficult to get anything done about it.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Can you get neighbours to complain as well to the council?

Suzee

Post by Suzee »

It's not easy negotiating the many piles with pushchair and child on scooter...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Council is on your side. Read this:
http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic. ... poo#p32061

Admin
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I have known Homecroft very well for over 60 years. Known many of the residents very well and still know one long term resident.

I am sure there never were any flats. The Edwardian buildings were constructed for one family use.

Anti social residents need to be sorted out. Should be zero tolerance policy. What are the odds council put them there and we are paying for them to upset us.

It is a simple courtesy to pick up dog mess. Rather like opening a door for a lady or giving up your seat for an older person.
SepticSkeptic

Post by SepticSkeptic »

I have to admit I wasn't considering it was the residents of Homecroft to blame. But I suppose a phrase like "sh*****g on your doorstep" derives from such events.

Good to see that the STF own version of Godwin's law was invoked so quickly with social housing/benefit scroungers to blame....
cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

They are private residents, either renting or owners.

Lots of the houses have been converted in to flats.

Agree about the bullshit stereotypes. The housing association tenants next to me are model neighbours, but there you go. My parents and grandparents were all brought up in council housing and again wouldn't fit the pathetic attempt at stereotypes.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

It is a great shame to see such a lovely road have such a bad neighbours problem.

I do not visit the road much now but remember it with much affection .

All one can suggest is neighbours complain to the authorities , council and Police.

I see to have upset some of the usual suspects. I of course not suggesting that all subsidised housing persons are a problem , but that if there is a problem it is more than likely they are.

Just saying the flat is rented does not mean the renter not subsidised by HMG , ie us.

Because I know the road so well , from 55 to 09 , I am saddened by these reports. Have got lovely pictures of the road in about 65 with about two cars in total and lovely cared for front gardens.