WANTED: IMAGES FOR GREYHOUND MURAL

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
leenewham

WANTED: IMAGES FOR GREYHOUND MURAL

Post by leenewham »

This is a visual of the winning artwork that will appear on the rear wall of the Greyhound Pub (although the final one will be a little different to this with a lower horizon so the greyhound is more visible). It's an image of a Greyhound made up of images of Sydenham.

TO MAKE IT WORK WE NEED YOUR IMAGES. Terry, your challenge it to beat Steve Grindley!

They can be anything to do with Sydenham. Old photos, family photo’s, landscapes, artworks, doodles, images of parks, places, people…anything Sydenham related. There is no limit to the amount of images you can send in (but we will edit and vet them).

They need to be supplied digitally as high a resolution as possible. They’ll be cropped square (around 10cm x 10 cm)

You’ll need to fill in a disclaimer online, please don’t forget to do this before submitting your images:

We have set up a mechanism for getting your permission to use the images for the mural (you retain copyright) and collecting images via our blog (see below).

http://whatifsydenham.wordpress.com/201 ... l-artwork/
leenewham

Re: WANTED: IMAGES FOR GREYHOUND MURAL

Post by leenewham »

Surely there must be some takers in the history forum for images?!

Does anyone have any images of them from the past that they would want to submit? Personal images especially would be great, pictures that you would want to seek out in the wall and show to friends and family that are taken in or connected with Sydenham.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Hi Lee. I sent you a couple of pictures a while back of my dog finding a WW2 bomb in Sydenham Hill Woods last year.
Steve Grindlay would be the best source (as he has assisted me before), but a lot of stuff is copyrighted these days , so you have to be very careful what you can use.

I have some suggestions of topics, but you may be restricted in what you can use :

WW2 bomb maps of Sydenham
Arial photos of the Crystal Palace on Sydenham Hill (newly released)
references to Pissaro, Shackleton, Paxton
The Great Noth Wood/High Level Rail route
Sydenham Canal
The Kings Speech stuff at Beechgrove
Wells Park (and the springs), linking with Bell Green
Sydenham Pubs

There is shedloads of stuff to use.
As an aside, i have photos (that i've taken) of trees that have come down recently. Across Dartmouth Road, Sydenham hill and in Sydenham Hill woods.
I'll dig them out and send them to you

I have copies of photos that Steve has kindly shared with me, but have no idea about copyright for publication. That is why it would be good to chat to him
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

HI Alib,

Steve has been incredibly generous with images (he was our first point of contact) and we are spending quite a bit of time sifting through them all! I have your images and they are in there and we have had a pretty good response so far. The trees would be good, but the ones I want more of are peoples memories of Sydenham, family pictures etc, the sorts of images that you can look at with your grandkids and say 'look, that was me in 1962 and I had hair!'.

Be immortal on the back wall of a pub!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hi

I sent an old photo of Mount Ash Rd and a comment in to the email address shown on 22nd Aug but never got a reply. I also filled in the disclaimer. How do I know if it was received?

Malcolm
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Hi Malcolm,

we have had a lot of emails and images and haven't replied to everyone, so apologies for that. We tend to review them after a few weeks while we collate them as they come in waves. Yes, we have your image of Mount Ash Road (which is great by the way) and many thanks. It will be in the mural.

Regards

Lee