SEE Sydenham Market - Sunday 28 April - 10am to 4pm

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

We are getting ready for our next Sydenham Market a week today - Sunday 28 April from 10am to 4pm - the first of many on Venner Road square. Spaces are filling up fast so contact us on the SEE3 web site if you are interested in taking a stall - http://www.SEE3.co.uk.

We have food stalls, vintage and craft booked and we are planning the last Sunday of every month - so make a note to come and say hello - and be tempted by the wonderful display of local goods. Once Station Approach is landscaped we will be using both spaces - and plan to use all of our pocket squares in the future.
Chris Best

Re: SEE Sydenham Market - Sunday 28 April - 10am to 4pm

Post by Chris Best »

A range of food stalls are lined up for Sunday - please make time to come along and support Sydenham's street market on the last Sunday of the month.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Sun shining, stalls nearly ready - please come along and support our Sydenham market on Venner Road square 10am - 4pm and pop into Jill to see our latest range of vintage, retro, arts and crafts open from 11am - 4pm.

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

I've been watching the whole thing unfold from the comfort of my flat and me and Mrs Checkmate will be popping down later. I fancy a bit of pizza and a muffin for lunch :)
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

A really good event. Well done and thanks to everyone involved.

The chap running the the paella stall seemed very happy with trade, so that bodes well for the future. And the paella was excellent!
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

So were the rhubarb and white chocolate muffins and the almond lemon cake :D
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

We got there about 3:00 having been preparing for building work at home, and nothing was left! Good news really, everyone was saying it was a great success. We'll be early next time!

G-man

jonekt

Post by jonekt »

I also went to the market & thought it was great. Bought sausages, bread, chutney, samosas & quiches. All lovely! Thought the space worked really well at venner road & also the new stalls looked v good.

I think a cheese stall & more breads/ savories would go down well if looking to expand to more stalls. Also somewhere selling gourmet burgers would also be a good addition.

I thought the pizza van showed the pocket squares could be excellent pop up cafes/ restaurants if there were tables & chairs in the summer. Perhaps tapas/ Greek/ Thai/Mexican ? Even outdoor entertainment too when the Sydenham arts festival is on?

Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Many thanks for the feedback - SEE3 are meeting this evening and yes we are discussing the hire of tables and chairs as well as more entertainment. We are on a tight budget and talking to the Arts Festival as they provided a couple of musicians last Sunday.

sean

Post by sean »

For me, and the people I was with, it was all the more enjoyable because there wasn't any entertainment/music. The space is too small to have musical entertainment. For once it was nice to go and view the stalls and be able to speak to the stall holders and meet new friends rather than having to shout over music.
michael

Post by michael »

I'm very pleased to hear Sydenham's market got off to an excellent start with perfect weather and I'm looking forward to many more in the future.
Many of the same local traders will be setting out their stalls at the Forest Hill Food Fair this Sunday (5th May) 10am-3pm. The Food Fair is in Forest Hill station car park, just 2 minutes from the centre of Sydenham by train.