Jill hub / Cherry & Ice

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Billie

Re: Jill hub / Cherry & Ice

Post by Billie »

Last week I popped in and someone was measuring up to move the counter. The lady behind the till said they were doing a refurb this weekend. Sounds great. I would have done it on a Mon/Tues rather then a busy weekend for ice creams though...
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I really don't understand why they didn't say on the door why they were closed, to make it a bit exciting and a bit of an event that they were undergoing a refurb. It just looked like they'd gone out of business on Saturday. Poor marketing in my book.

Anyway, look forward to them re-opening. Does anyone know if they read this forum?

G-Man
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It was a great opportunity to advertise that things are changing or that they were listening to customers. In PR terms, word of mouth etc it could have been invaluable.

How refreshing if a local business (or any business) takes on board criticism and changes because of it, treating it as an opportunity rather than just something to ignore.

I hope this is the case with Cherry & Ice. I think it could be a stunning addition to the high street. I'd have loved to have had the opportunity to do for them what we did for Billings.
Whiftoff

Post by Whiftoff »

drove past this place in Norbury the other day, looked great from the outside and really busy.

http://www.creamscafe.com/about-us/
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

It was open today, with re-positioned counter to the left of the door. Didn't stop to see if this is better but will do this weekend!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
scarpetta

Post by scarpetta »

Much greater layout and offering. Hope enough locals will keep this nice little venue going.
sean

Post by sean »

They need to change the colours of the walls. From the opposite pavement and even from their own pavement, when you are walking down the high street it looks so dark inside I can't work out if the shop is open or closed.
Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

Also the ice cream display needs to look like the ones from ZaZa Gelato. I've been to the one in Canary Wharf but they have one in Portobello Rd or so I believe.

How do I paste a picture?

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Steveofsyd wrote:Also the ice cream display needs to look like the ones from ZaZa Gelato. I've been to the one in Canary Wharf but they have one in Portobello Rd or so I believe.

How do I paste a picture?

to paste a photo right click on the image you want to use - click on copy image address - then in your post on the forum thread click the grey Img button above the white dialogue window where you type your post. Image
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

friendly staff and great red velvet cupcakes, ice cream and waffles. Coffee and hot chocolate also nice - can't comment on lunch/salads as I love the amazing veggie offerings and 'soothies' on offer in Calabash of Culture a few doors up.
sarahsyd

Post by sarahsyd »

I didn't know that Calabash of Culture had opened and that it served food (we have been away). Sounds great!