Wednesday 21 August - Celebrate One Year of SEE3

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

Wednesday 21 August - Celebrate One Year of SEE3

Post by Chris Best »

Come along to hear more about what we have achieved in our first year and what plans we have for the future. We need your input, ideas, feedback and most of all your enthusiasm. We want to celebrate the last year, but more importantly, we need plan for the next year and we'd like your help to do that.

Together we have achieved a lot in our first year of SEE3: Pop Up shops, Jack and Jill Community Hubs, Christmas Markets, Food Markets, Art & Craft Markets, Artists in Residence (Co.Futures), Knowledge Banking, Street Art, Club & Grub nights, Fashion Weeks, Shutter Art, Supper Clubs, Theatre Performances and more…
Forest Hill, Kirkdale and Sydenham have all seen new venues, new activities and new opportunities.

We need your help to plan for the next year. Your feedback and opinions matter, so come along on Wednesday 21st August at 7.30pm to the Horniman Museum to find out more about the success of our first year and how you can be involved in taking this forward.

This is your chance to Join In – your opportunity to Love Your High Street!

Join the Town Team
Test your business with a market stall
Volunteer and learn new skills
Shape your high street

Please take a look at our web site - http://www.SEE3.co.uk - twitter @SEE3PortasPilot - facebook.com/weareSEE3
owlwise

Re: Wednesday 21 August - Celebrate One Year of SEE3

Post by owlwise »

Hi Chris

Do you know if anything's going to be planted on the roundabout at Cobb's Corner?

Owl
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Yes there is a planting scheme but not until Skanska have installed the lighting for the signage. Probably in the next couple of months so the plants can bed in before the winter.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Emc

Post by Emc »

Hi, I would love to get involved. I look forward to meeting you later.
jonekt

Post by jonekt »

Could someone please post minutes to the meeting this evening? Unfortunately was unable to attend but would be great to know the plan/ ideas for the next year & how long the Portas pilot will be running for?

Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

I started the evening giving a warm welcome to the 60 or so people present. We went through our presentation giving a timeline since wining the bid, Phase 1 leading to the big launch on 1 December and Phase 2 of community engagement alongside Forest Hill Fashion Week and Pop Goes Sydenham.

We updated on markets and our plans to continue with Sydenham on the last Sunday of the month. We discussed Jill and Jack-In-A-Box and our artists in residence Co.Futures with their Knowledge Banking map.

We talked about the role of Lewisham and ensuring we receive value for money with public funds. The Budget of over £200k is on target to spend by 31 March 2014.

We then formed four groups to discuss priorities for the Action Groups meeting in September. If you are interested in joining the Action Groups then please turn up at Forest Hill Pools from 7.30 - 9pm on Tuesday evenings and I have put the dates next to each group.

- Neighbouhood Planning on Tuesday 3 September
- Enterprise & Creative on Tuesday 10 September
- Community & Social Capital on Tuesday 17 September
- Communications, Events & Marketing on Tuesday 24 September

The Neighbourhood Planning Action Group have already had a discussion led by members of the Forest Hill and Sydenham Societies as we want to make sure we are inclusive and working in collaboration with existing local organisations.

G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Hi Chris, thanks for the update. Would you mind giving a short description as to what the groups are going to be discussing? Not sure it's clear on some of the titles alone.

Thanks muchly

G-man

Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Chris Best wrote:The Neighbourhood Planning Action Group have already had a discussion led by members of the Forest Hill and Sydenham Societies as we want to make sure we are inclusive and working in collaboration with existing local organisations.
Are any conclusions of such discussions published anywhere?
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

owlwise wrote:Hi Chris

Do you know if anything's going to be planted on the roundabout at Cobb's Corner?

Owl
From the current Sydenham Society newsletter:

I think there's another message here to the effect that if you want to know what is happening, you need to belong to the Sydenham Society.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Okay, this is where I finally decide to put my hand up and in embarrassment ask what SEE3 is. (Bear with me: I've only been living in Sydenham a few months). I see the term being bandied around the forum a lot, but never an explanation. Presumably something to do with the regeneration of Sydenham?
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Here you go

The Portas Pilot bid

and the directors