Tai chi & Qi Gong

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Nik

Tai chi & Qi Gong

Post by Nik »

Hi everybody!

I am thinking of starting a Tai chi & Qi Gong sharing class in the wider area of Sydenham. I haven't decided on the place yet, but it would be nice to know if anyone is interested. It will probably be once a week , at least for a start, either a week day evening around 19:30 or a weekend morning. I haven't decided on the fee yet as I would need to book the place first, but it will definitely be at a reasonable price (concessions included).

Tai chi & Qi gong are suitable for all ages. My goal is to share the healing qualities of these arts and hopefully help anyone who joins to a more balanced and happy life.

Nik
Nik

Re: Tai chi & Qi Gong

Post by Nik »

...it took us some time, but we did it :)

We are meeting in Crystal palace park on Saturday 13th July (and hopefully every Saturday after) at 9:30 - 11:00 am. (by the Concert Bowl in front of the Caravan Club) to practice some Tai chi.

I ve attached the leaflet

Everybody is welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Love

Nik
nosinnerlliw

Post by nosinnerlliw »

Hello.
I'd love to attend. I don't have much experience but I would like to learn. Week day evenings are the best for me.

Thanks a lot.
Will.
Nik

Post by Nik »

Hi!

Just letting you know that although the class hasn't been very popular so far, I will be there practicing for a while longer. Perseverance is one of the warrior's qualities, and therefore I am not planning to give up yet :)

In this class, I would like to share with you more of the warrior's qualities, along with the yin/yang, five elements, body meridians, the yang family tai chi form, qi gong exercises, martial applications and much more. But most importantly, I would like to establish a habit of practice that would hopefully act as an anchor to our own lives. A point of return.

If that sounds interesting to you, please come and join us. This class is addressed to everybody, regardless age, physical condition etc.

If however the time or day (saturday 9:30-11:00) is an issue, Im open for suggestions. Thank you Will.

Finally, I will be out of town on the 10th, 31st of august and 7th of september. My apologies to those of you planning to come on any of those days.

Regards

Nik
Nik

Post by Nik »

After a short debate, from this week on the class will take place on Wednesdays 18:45-20:00 at the same spot (see post above).

I hope this sounds good.

Nik
Nik

Post by Nik »

Hi

Just letting you know that I finally found a space to practice tai chi for the winter.

Penge East Community Centre,
Penge East station car park,
13 Station Rd,
SE20 7BE

Free parking inside the car park.

The class will be held on Wednesdays at 19:00-20:30 and is addressed to everybody. The fee is £7 (£5 concessions) per class.

We are starting next Wednesday, 25th September.

I hope to see you there.

Nik
Decibella

Post by Decibella »

Hello Nick

Just checking this is still running? I would love to come along next week.

Thanks

please feel free to email me ilovesophiarosa@gmail.com :)
Nik

Post by Nik »

Hi everybody,

I am happy to announce that my teacher is coming for a weekend seminar on Tai chi and Qigong.

Please find details on the flyer attached.
Typically a seminar consists of Tai chi training, Qi Gong healing exercises and sitting meditation (Please bring your own cushion).

The seminar is addressed to everybody:
1. A beginner student of Yang style Tai chi will have the opportunity to explore further the short form and its martial applications
2. An advanced student of Yang style Tai chi will explore the applications in depth
3. A student of other styles of Tai chi will enhance their knowledge of the art
4. A practitioner of any type of martial art will have the opportunity to explore the soft yet very effective martial way of tai chi.
5. Anybody who is keen on bodywork, healing and meditation should find it exciting
6. We are all going to have fun!!

Please book a place at 07818 434882 or nik@thewayofshiatsu.com

Thank you
Nik
Tai chi seminar 2014.gif