Trains Over The Christmas Period

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Con

Trains Over The Christmas Period

Post by Con »

When I went through Sydenham station a few minutes ago they were announcing over loudhailers that there will be no Overground services next week.
Does anyone know if this applies to the whole week?
What about the London Bridge services over the festive period?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trains Over The Christmas Period

Post by admin »

The TfL leaflet I have says no Overgrounds on Monday Tuesday 23/24th & Friday 27th. Given that there are no trains on the 25th and I guess National Rail will probably not be running Boxing Day 26th - then yes it is Monday to Friday. I will confirm that when I do my Travel weekly update tomorrow.

And if you haven't twigged - Gatwick has been taken offline for the whole Christmas Holiday as they rebuild the junction south of Purley so the Brighton line south is completely closed. The alternatives are horrendous. There is a very complicated Southern booklet available from your local Southern Station ...

Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

London Bridge services are running normally on Monday, as normal of Tuesday until 10pm when service will be reduced, and reduced timetable Boxing Day on onwards. Details here: [urlhttp://www.southernrailway.com/download/30739. ... ices-2013/][/url]
mosy

Post by mosy »

Dear Admin, could you sticky this thread please, if agreeable and when convenient? Ta.