Dad + toddler groups on Saturdays?

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
winterveg

Dad + toddler groups on Saturdays?

Post by winterveg »

Anyone know of a nice toddler group on Saturday mornings in Sydenham or Forest Hill? Google is failing me!
Happymess

Re: Dad + toddler groups on Saturdays?

Post by Happymess »

Hi!

There is Happymess (toddler art, craft and messy play) which takes place in Forest Hill every Saturday 10.30-11.30am. It's for parents and toddlers, rather than just dads but there are a lot of dads that attend! You can find out more here:
http://happymessyfun.blogspot.co.uk/
and here:
http://www.facebook.com/happymessyfun

It's £2 for a taster session - and then £7 for an indivdual session or £30 for a block of five (which you can take over seven weeks) - so it's quite flexible in terms of booking!

Email me for further info or book a place - happymessyjenny@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jenny
chrism

Post by chrism »

I wanted to add that there's a new group for Dads and their pre-schoolers at St John's church on Penge High Street. It's every third Saturday of the month from 9.00 to 1030. Apparently bacon sandwiches are served.
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

I second the Dad's group at St John's in Penge, my husband went along to the first one last week and said it was good, I go there with my kids on Monday mornings and it's a great playgroup, a massive space, loads of really good toys, it's definitely worth a try. I think it's £2. Though I'm a little bitter about the bacon sandwiches because I've never been served up anything so luxurious in all my years of attending mainly-mum's playgroups! ;-)
shintas

Post by shintas »

Hi,
I think the library in Chrystal Palace does a group specifically for dads and tots on Saturday mornings. Not so much for a very active child, but nice little sing along and then you can stock up on books for the little ones. Plenty of nice cafes for afterwards.
Shinta
Mollie

Post by Mollie »

NCT West Wickham & District run 'Dads and Little Ones' on the first Saturday of each month. Next one will be May 3rd at St. Marks Hall Braemar Gardens, West Wickham, just off the High Street, round the corner from M&S and Carpet World.
Large hall full of toys plus craft activity, bacon sandwiches included in nominal price. About 13 dads and their children were at the April event. Come and join them this weekend. For more info message me.

Christ Church Beckenham run 'Men Behaving Dadly' check out their website or the noticeboard outside the church.
Its the one behind Lidl's in Beckenham.