SEE3

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
art4

Re: SEE3

Post by art4 »

Rachael wrote:
art4 wrote:
I never found this and looked therefore a passer-by would not. Also literally days ago the ‘About’ section was on the top right and only included Director info.
The Director tab is a sub tab - if you click on 'Home' you get the "About' tab. If you hover over that you get the Directors tab pop up. But if you CLICK on about you get the detailed information. It would be easy to navigate directly to the Directors tab and miss that, maybe this is what happened?

Have the procedures for evaluation already been established? Or are we talking about what might happen? You ask a lot of interesting questions, I don't know if anyone on STF is qualified to answer them.
Re: 'About'- yes I can see that now but I'm quite sure it was not the case until a day ot two ago. Just like they have been prompted due to STF discussions updated in other areas.
michael

Post by michael »

art4 wrote:This appears to be my error?

But also Michael needed to find a SEE3 page dated back to Oct’13 so was not available at a more recent date?

I never found this and looked therefore a passer-by would not. Also literally days ago the ‘About’ section was on the top right and only included Director.
It’s worth considering what I have said- the same people who put together the bid then awarded themselves the job.

They should not be evaluating themselves and setting up any meetings to do so.
Sometimes website apply different templates without necessarily changing the content. Given the format is roughly the same today as it was in October, I doubt this is the case. Either way it does not change the content of this page. I think I could have picked a more recent date, but the archive allows you to move through time, feel free to do this yourself to see how the page changes. The archive may not pick up ever change, but it also does not bother to update when pages don't change.
I'm not sure why you are so concerned about the possibility of a page that was there in October and is there today, that you claim wasn't there a few days ago. There is clearly no sinister motivation if the page was removed and reinstated.

As for evaluations, the best people to evaluate each project was the individuals employed to run the project as they knew what happened best. In addition theirwill be overall evaluation and plans for further development, and I have been involved in some of that evaluation (although I did not submit the bid, nor habe I been employed by see3). Beyond this I have to say I'm not 100% sure but I think the GLA will be carrying out some form of evaluation to learn lessons from our experiences, both good and bad, to enable them to work on regeneration in other high streets.
What we don't require is an evaluation process carried out by McKinsey at a cost multiple times that of the project.
Finally, my understanding is that final reports will be made available to the public regarding the major achievements and challenges in the SEE3 project. The public can already judge for themselves if SEE3 has had an impact, and will be given further details to make their own assessment.

Personally I'm rather impressed by some of the changes brought about by SEE3. I know art4 is not and she is entitled to that opinion. What is disappointing is that ever thread started about SEE3 ends up in art4 criticising anything that may or may not be true, like what information may or may not have been temporarily removed from the website. Such arguments are a waste of everybody's time and energy.
art4

Post by art4 »

Michael I did not intend to make you so upset
art4

Post by art4 »

Apart from requiring me to read through your droning responses why are you so defensive about SEE3?

What is your position of involvement?

The crucial fact is that SEE3 have not delivered anything sustainable.

Consider the amount of funding given and what do they have to show for this?

No sustainable pop up shops in SE26, Kirkdale

And a market which does not work after over a year.

SEE3 don’t have the expertise so instead will try and do something else: a nightclub, or suddenly think they have artistic acumen and support graffiti. Or at the beginning, the Jack shop- a hub to advice businesses which then falls completely flat and needs to be taken over.

Or they offer something like this:

http://www.see3.co.uk/2013/03/thriving- ... 3-join-in/

And these are the people evaluating their own project.

These are just a few of the reasons why I raise questions.
michael

Post by michael »

art4 wrote:Apart from requiring me to read through your droning responses why are you so defensive about SEE3?.
I will save you any more of this. I shall not be responding.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Don't blame you Michael. Joanne still sounds like she's got a case of sour grapes for not winning the pop ups with see3 and has moaned about it ever since.

Joanne your last response to Michael was aggressive and out of line.

Grow up.
art4

Post by art4 »

It is fair to say that Michael drones on sometimes. He does.

This is hardly an aggressive comment is it? Far worse has been directed at me and I don’t make public announcements about this to win opinion.

Lee you are quite obviously too involved to take a detached view.

Even if you see the great obstacles you will not summons the courage to say what they are in case you lose a contract with SEE3
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am closing this thread as it is getting personal and hence off topic. You can continue flaming down the pub if you wish.

Admin