nursery advice please - little cherubs, little elms and happ

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Mazzer

nursery advice please - little cherubs, little elms and happ

Post by Mazzer »

Does any body have any experience of using little cherubs nursery? In lower sydenham. I'm looking for a new nursery for my two year old, closer to our new home. I'm also going to look at little elms and happy little bunny if anybody has any thoughts on those ones? Thanks!
leenewham

Re: nursery advice please - little cherubs, little elms and

Post by leenewham »

Our sone goes to Happy Little Bunnies and loves it. He's in the 2-3 room and seems very happy. Then afterwards, like many of the parents, we go to one of the may local parks. We went to most of the local (and surrounding) nurseries, some were pretty poor to be honest, others were really good.

The staff at Happy Little Bunnies are very good and friendly, our son talks about them and they do good excursions.
Cherish Day Nursery

Post by Cherish Day Nursery »

Hi Mazzer,

We're the proud new owners of Cherish Day Nursery. The new website will be available soon, but for now our contact details can be found here - http://cherishdaynursery.com/.

Please give us a call and we wold love to show you round.

Thanks,

Prijesh
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

Thanks prijesh but Jews walk is too far away from us. Thanks Lee for your recommendation, actually that was my favourite when I looked around them all yesterday so your confirmation that you're happy with it has helped the decision. My son will be in the 2-3 room too so see you there!

Marie
Dahlia

Post by Dahlia »

Hi would just like to say I am surprised to read the above post regarding happy little bunny as Happy little bunny has an inadequate Ofsted judgement although they advertise as outstanding!
I had a viewing last month and was not very accommodating and they had me waiting in the lobby for 10 minutes before coming to see me, I was buzzed in and only when a staff member was walking out and into another room did they notice I was there!
I then researched further into Ofsted judgements in Sydenham only to find that Little cherubs are the only good Ofsted judged nursery in lower Sydenham!
My 2 children now attend little cherubs and I couldn't be happier, very caring and great sibling discount too.
Please parents do your research!
Kirkdalian

Post by Kirkdalian »

I wouldn't set too much store in Ofsted myself. If you looked around and didn't like the feel of the place, had concerns about security etc, that is a different matter.

Ofsted are trying to turn early years into a mini school experience, what I want for a pre-schooler is feeling secure and cared for and opportunities to play, outside as much as possible (and for older children, a chance for social development).

When I was looking for childcare, the childminder I chose had a 'Good' rating, apparently not outstanding because she did not always provide enough opportunities for 2 year-olds to do phonics or some such crap. I backed away very quickly from the 'Outstanding' childminder who thought 1 year-olds should be put on the naughty step if they did something she didn't like! Saw similar things with nurseries, the 'Outstanding' ones were very business-like, knew how to tick the boxes, didn't impress me as much on the caring and actually meeting the needs of children front.