Can anyone recommend a good painter?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Emc

Can anyone recommend a good painter?

Post by Emc »

Can anyone recommend a good painter who is experienced with painting sash windows and the outside of houses? Some old flakey paint will need to be taken off so someone experienced etc. I've been using MyBuilder.com for other work but the tradesmen who turn up can be a bit hit or miss so I wanted to hire someone who has done a great job elsewhere if possible. I'm after someone trustworthy, friendly and experienced with sash windows so they don't get painted shut etc :) Thank you in advance!
robbieduncan

Re: Can anyone recommend a good painter?

Post by robbieduncan »

We are having our sashes upgraded by joineryworkshop.com. They are meant to be coming for final measurements next week. They offer a painting service (which we are taking) and guarantee that they won't paint the shut. Can't really recommend them yet as no work completed but you could try contacting them...
jonekt

Post by jonekt »

We've used downe decorators to paint our sash windows. It's Gary & viv & they've worked together for 20+ years. Gary lives in girton road & has lived in Sydenham for years so does lots of the houses in the area. We used them as came as a recommendation from a neighbour.

Gary can give you a long list of the houses he's done & you can have a wonder round & have a look (that's what we did!). He's a good contact to have as also fixed guttering for us, a lose tile, & a gate.

He is usually very busy though so we had to wait a few months before they could fit us in, particularly as sash windows are a bit weather dependent too! But we thought it was worth waiting & they did a good job.

Hope this helps.
simon

Post by simon »

Ted Johnson of Knighton Park Road is recommended by myself and several others. His number is 0755 750 7554. Tell him his neighbour Simon recommended him.
Emc

Post by Emc »

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I will give them a call to find out if they are free! :)
bag lady

Post by bag lady »

Glen law 07815 924507 painted my south facing flat last year, repaired rotten wood fashia's and was very friendly, reliably and trustworthy , did a great job and everything is looking brand new still this year.
He lives off the high street and paints most of the houses on his road, (and elsewhere) surprised no ones mentioned him yet. Lovely bloke.