I can't access 'Town Festival' on this forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
SydenhamStokie

I can't access 'Town Festival' on this forum

Post by SydenhamStokie »

I can't access the new 'Town Festival' part of this forum, whether I am logged in or not. I expect it's not just me!
Rachael

Re: I can't access 'Town Festival' on this forum

Post by Rachael »

You are not alone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed. It was a permissions issue in the set up. Enjoy now - certainly the Festival, hopefully the sub forum on its first day!

Admin
maestro

Post by maestro »

The problem with all these new "Town" sections appearing is that the "Town Pub" is now located so far down that one is almost in need of a "Town Taxi" to get to it! :(
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

maestro wrote:The problem with all these new "Town" sections appearing is that the "Town Pub" is now located so far down that one is almost in need of a "Town Taxi" to get to it! :(
Why not get on your town bike? :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The party is over and the Town Festival Forum has been wrapped up and put into storage until 2015. No postings have been lost. They have all been merged into Town Hall.

Well done everyone!

I also need to replace the Arts Festival item on our frontpage http://sydenham.org.uk. Something significant? Suggestions please.

Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

All I can think of for the home page to bring it up to date: New pics of Syd Road now trees are in bloom; a feature on Sydenham Wells Park as a summer school hols attraction http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/ope ... -park.aspx. Are any school hol events being held at the Lower Syd or Forest Hill Pools swimming baths? Perhaps a note about "Town Kids" and Town Stadium forums? Perhaps a feature on new shops that have opened or are due soon this year, including the Manor Park cafe? Edit: Is Horniman's regarded as Syd?

Perhaps the Greyhound should figure again if not ongoing (future impression or current) to show we ain't happy and aren't prepared to let it be "that old chestnut".

The above said, surely others have ideas as mine are rather pedestrian rather than significant.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Irrespective of the new Town Centre page once put together, I for one would be awfully glad not to see Mr Harris's face on there for even a moment longer. Does he even have any connection with Sydenham? I hope not.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

mosy wrote:Irrespective of the new Town Centre page once put together, I for one would be awfully glad not to see Mr Harris's face on there for even a moment longer. Does he even have any connection with Sydenham? I hope not.
He used to live here.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Oh (said despondently). Thanks Rachael. I still don't want to be greeted by his face though - in US TV progs the chief always says "Get him out of my sight". I'm with the chief.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Looks like there can't have been too many suggestions for an updated Town Centre home page since still unchanged.

@Admin: Worth a new thread to ask for some, since this is buried in the now past festival thread?