Smart Chaps Barbers

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
kemal

Smart Chaps Barbers

Post by kemal »

smart chaps barbers is the BEST barber shop in this side of london the quality is outstanding and every time i go i get a great hair cut and quality service :D....i recomend this barber shop alot... and sydenham is very lucky to have a outstanding yet traditional barber shop on the highstreet.........
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

My son also goes there and rates it - so unfortunately on principle I won't be trying it out. Now if only I could persuade him to go back to George's on Kirkdale then I might try it myself......
JAKES ANGEL

Post by JAKES ANGEL »

Dont suppose its a relation of yours by any chance Kemal because thats quite a bold statement. However, I have been there before and it is indeed a decent barbers. The best this side of london could be up for debate though.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I'm a George's man myself. I used to be a Jan's man till she fled the country. Maybe it was my dandruff that did it.

Trouble is I get grumpy at £9 for 10 minutes work. But then that's only £54 an hour at full capacity and with rent/overheads I guess its hard to make a decent profit on even that ...

Stuart
mosy

Post by mosy »

My son was put off by the name, and I did wonder myself to be honest, so I asked if they were trying to appeal to a particular clientèle and they assured me they weren't. Anyway, my son (late teens) has been there recently and was happy enough. :)
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

It is indeed a fine barbers. They charge me per corner.
wendywu

smart chaps barbers

Post by wendywu »

my teenage soon prefers George's on kirkdale, its a more traditional barber. It actually looks like an old time barber shop, more so than smart chaps(!?) strange name.
dodd

Post by dodd »

Best barbers I've been to - and they cut my 2 year old sons barnet too, so saves him a humiliation at nursery from the wife's scissor skills.
It's the sort of friendly business that gives the high street a village feel, and a lot better than if it were yet another pound shop (although their £9 charge must make everyone spend a pound on tips every visit).
Shenlong

Post by Shenlong »

dodd wrote:Best barbers I've been to - and they cut my 2 year old sons barnet too, so saves him a humiliation at nursery from the wife's scissor skills.
It's the sort of friendly business that gives the high street a village feel, and a lot better than if it were yet another pound shop (although their £9 charge must make everyone spend a pound on tips every visit).
Indeed, i know i never bother with the change whenever i go there, lol :)