Exciting new kirkdale developments?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

Re: Exciting new kirkdale developments?

Post by JMLF »

Just thought would update this quickly;

- popped into 161 last week for a chat with the owners of the new drinkery - they hope license approval within a week and to be open within 2 after that :)

- New cash borrowing/pawn brokers? Sign has gone up at 107 (I think) Kirkdale - check the syds vintage post for chat about it

- Newest exciting addition seems to be a coming soon "fig and pistachio" which has it's own thread though not much detail as yet.

All interesting and exciting stuff :)
Kirkdalian

Post by Kirkdalian »

Noticed a sign today on Antoinette's costume hire saying that they are moving out on 24th May - alludes to changes in shopping habits. Wonder what will pop up there as it occupies quite a prominent position on Kirkdale.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I do hope not another pay day loan shop. These are a terrible comment on modern day Britain.
they should read Mr Micawber.

If you cannot afford something then save until you can. If that would be too long then you cannot afford said item.
BelindaLester

Post by BelindaLester »

Hello -

I am very happy to say that our little drink shop/cafe at 161 Kirkdale will open in the next few weeks. I'll come back to you with more information and specific dates, but expect a slow start as we build up to our combined day and evening hours.

We've had had a lot of support from neighbours and other traders as we've developed our plans - thank you to everyone who's been so generous with time, materials, encouraging words.... As we suspected, this is a great neighbourhood to start a new business in.

We are regularly working on-site , so please drop in and say hi if you're passing (and thanks to those who already have!)

Belinda :D
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Does anyone know what is happening with carribean queen? (One of the two carribean take aways) - looks like it's been gutted perhaps for a new venture? It's not particularly big and narrow from walking past so can't imagine would be available for much apart from a takeaway of sorts perhaps.

Also, there seems to be a new upholstery shop next to cafe jasmine - it's just opened so currently appears a bit ramshackle with a make do banner but just thought would spread news of kirkdale developments for those who perhaps don't regularly frequent the area!
John J Rambo

Post by John J Rambo »

My first post having been a lurker for about 6 months!

I only moved to Sydenham in December but am encouraged by the developments in the area in this short time. Hopefully they will turn Kirkdale into an exciting place to live for all sorts of people. Long may it continue!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Welcome John J Rambo :)

Please do let us know if you visit a place you want to tell us about as honest reviews are always welcome, or if you see somewhere new setting up. Or you want to post about anything else of course...

Thanks JMLF for the heads up.

Luckily there are very frequent buses up and down Kirkdale in case anyone doesn't like walking uphill. Oh, just a reminder that buses are cashless now.