Burglary in Peak hill and surrounding Roads

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tadpole

Burglary in Peak hill and surrounding Roads

Post by Tadpole »

Just to warn you the area is being targeted according to the police. I'm in Collingtree and we had an attempted break in on Christmas day evening but I disturbed him. Unfortunately he succeed in Peak hill and Dartmouth Road.
If you hear an odd noise in you road, be a nosey neighbour and have a look. I did that and as soon as he realised I'd seen him he was off.
Nigel

Re: Burglary in Peak hill and surrounding Roads

Post by Nigel »

Tadpole
Sorry to hear this - lets hope people take your advice . Too many of is are afraid of appearing nosey when all we are doing is looking out for each other .
A very good afternoon
Nigel
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

My elderly neighbour was burgled recently. She lives on Westwood Hill and the blighters got in through her rear patio door by jimmying the door off its track! This happened at 2am. She was in bed and fortunately didn't awake. There were five lads involved - fortunately caught on another neighbour's CCTV, some of which are known to the police. They appeared to have stolen her mobile phone and were probably searching for cash. In the run up to this incident she did say that she had strangers knocking on her door. Accents were foreign, asking for a cup of water. This may or may not be connected.
Then last week another neighbour's garage was broken into off Lawrie Park Gardens. These burglars seem to be very brazen. They wandered around the neighbourhood front gardens and looking in cars for anything they could steal. Please take extra care to lock your front doors and don't leave your key in the lock.

Anyone out there who has a similar patio door (the earlier uPVC design) should think about inviting over a crime prevention officer to give you advice as to how to make your property more secure. It is free advice. Contact your local neighbourhood team.
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

Both early models of uPVC patio doors and street doors and windows are very vulnerable to break-in. In the case of the latter, the glazing unit is held in the frame with a plastic gasket on the outside which can be easily pulled out, and then the whole glazing unit can be removed. It takes all of 10 seconds. Guess how I know!
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

sparticus wrote:Both early models of uPVC patio doors and street doors and windows are very vulnerable to break-in. In the case of the latter, the glazing unit is held in the frame with a plastic gasket on the outside which can be easily pulled out, and then the whole glazing unit can be removed. It takes all of 10 seconds. Guess how I know!
You are a career burglar! Wait, that can't be right. Ah! You have been a victim of such a burglary,

:twisted:

Regards
Chris
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

The companies who fitted such doors/windows should be held accountable if a burglary should occur because of the method used.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Problem is Annie if early products companies may not still be in operation. Very sad so many incidents at presents.