Smoke Free

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Helen T

Smoke Free

Post by Helen T »

Stifled by smoke from the Puerto Mexico I thought we we're going smoke free
JAKES ANGEL

Post by JAKES ANGEL »

We are with effect from 01-07-2007.
GemStone

Re: Smoke Free

Post by GemStone »

Helen T wrote:Stifled by smoke from the Puerto Mexico I thought we we're going smoke free
Sounds like you're experiencing the smells from the kitchen fume extraction.
All cooking premises whether it be pubs, coffee bars, fast food outlets, etc emit these smells on purpose. There are various methods out there to filter aroma. They are expensive for commercial use, but I'm certain would be tax deductable. But I feel it's a type of advertising. If you are just passing by and a bit peckish. your brain sences food through smell and your mouth automatically waters.
Unfortunately being a resident nearby is most undesirable, it can be awful.
In 1998 I moved house from where a fish & chip shop was nearby. After I finally unpacked all my clothing boxes, (some weeks later) My clothes smelled of the chippy's oil. They were the clean ones. I had to wash all my clothes, bedlinen, etc again. Over here on Chulsa Road it's a ten minute walk to the nearest chippy and 15 mins to a better one. Suits me, I wouldn't want to move any closer.
I really feel for you. Maybe have a word locally, see how others feel in your area. Arrange to have a short meeting with Puerto Mex and explain your case. Ask if they can invest in a carbon filter to cut down on horrid smells.