Zanzibar - Anyone else kept awake last night?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
gillyjp

Zanzibar - Anyone else kept awake last night?

Post by gillyjp »

This is a joke. We were woken up repeatedly last night and then at 5.00am finally gave up on any sleep - got up and made some tea. This was one of our worse nights of disturbance for a long time. I think it has been established beyond doubt that the clientele attending this club have no respect for themselves - so what hope do we, the long suffering neighbours have?

We are slightly away from the main source of the problem, so what neighbours closer to the club had to suffer I hate to think. Where was the supposedly new 'Manager' Trevor at this hour?

It is now clear that our right to the peaceful occupation of our home and in essence our quality of family life is severely negatively affected. Restrict the License? I think the only outcome of the appeal should be to shut this place down and give us some peace.

I would be interested to know how many others last night were also affected by the antisocial behaviour........
Gaddison

Re: Zanzibar - Anyone else kept awake last night?

Post by Gaddison »

I have to say thank goodness I wasnt in last night and have to endure what you had to last night. However, unfortunately Saturday tonight, and I'm sure it will be another repeat! i just gave my witness statement to lewisham licensing yesterday, and I would encourage any one who hasn't yet to get in touch with them with your experiences ASAP, and to log every incident by email to lewisham licensing, environmental health and licensing Sgt Jim Abbott

The email addresses are:

Jim.Abbott@met.pnn.police.uk

licensing@lewisham.gov.uk

EnvironmentalHealth@lewisham.gov.uk, Olalekan.Olaosebikan@lewisham.gov.uk (officer environmental health)

Out of interest just looking through this forum I can find 11 threads specifically about the problems with the club which together have attracted over 42,000 views from people. I think this illustrates how massive a problem this is for the local community
susan

Re: Zanzibar - Anyone else kept awake last night?

Post by susan »

I was kept awake last night (Saturday), not because of the usual outrageous behaviour of some of the Zanzibar patrons on Friday/Saturday nights, but because of the anticipatory anxiety of what the night held in store again. I cautiously suspect I will not be the only one.